Chapter 23

Jelena: Made it to France

3,700,000 likes ~ 12,000 comments

---

Fashion week comes and goes but I only step out for the more important shows as I feel as if the industry has changed. Modelling or being an attendant to fashion week is no longer about working hard but about being famous on social media or having good connections. What used to be exclusive is now filled with people with a large following online and it irritates my soul to see them taking pictures of themselves without having that true passion for fashion.

I don't care if you started out as an influencer but if you attend these shows then you need to have some passion for it. Fashion week is not for people to just vlog and make money off of other people's hard work, it's about celebrating fashion and welcoming new trends.

I have seen some artists refuse to continue their shows once they see people filming their concerts because it becomes about content creating rather than being there for the music. If I see someone just filming themselves at my show and not really paying attention then I'll happily kick them out.

"So many influencers." I roll my eyes as I watch four girls film themselves dancing outside of the restaurant that we're dining at. "Is this what the world has come to?"

Marshall gives me a look, "I told you that things would change once they started upgrading those iPhones and now these people can't do anything without documenting it on their iPhone."

"Ugh dad." Aaliyah playfully rolls my eyes. "It's called getting with the times and not being stuck in the past with a blackberry."

"This blackberry doesn't cause me any issue whereas you're always at the phone shop every other week because your phone's not working." Marshall points out and I nod my head in agreement. "I'm pretty sure you've had four iPhones in the past two years."

Chase chuckles, "He got you there."

"Shut up." Aaliyah rolls her eyes at our reaction. "Don't act like the rest of you don't have iPhones."