Chapter 16

Jelena: Studio bae

Jelena: Studio bae

2,000,000 likes ~ 8,000 comments

---

Christina invited me to the recording studio so we could lay down the tracks to a song that we have been working on. There have been plans for us to come out with a joint album but that's not going to happen since we argue over everything so we have settled on a song or two.

"We should not be recording anything together if you are not willing to listen to what I have to say." I snap at my sister. "This song is as much mine as it is yours."

She rolls her eyes, "You're being dramatic."

"No, you're being dramatic. We both have two different styles of singing and if we want to make this work then you need to learn how to tone it down." I kiss my teeth before mimicking her adlibs. "This is not the Christina show so get it together."

"That's funny considering that you're the one who's flat."

I narrow my eyes at her, "I can't help that somebody got me drunk last night."

The music producer watches as we bicker for the fourth time in thirty minutes and I can tell that they are getting annoyed. We are wasting precious studio time and I would rather be at home with my family than arguing with my sister.

It's just the way it is
Maybe it's never gonna change

Christina stares me down as she sings the chorus and I narrow my eyes as I join her.

But I got a mind to show my strength
And I got a right to speak my mind
And I'm gonna pay for this
They're gonna burn me at the stake
But I got a fire in my veins
I wasn't made to fall in line

We hold hands as we belt out the last two lines of the chorus.

I wasn't made to leave my fate
I'm never gonna fall in line, oh

I wasn't made to leave my fateI'm never gonna fall in line, oh

"We have a hit song in our hands." The music producer tells us as he slowly claps. "You may have spent half the studio time arguing but this is the good shit right here."