Chapter 4

The aftermath following the dinner was chaotic as I tried to calm Aaliyah and Chase down, they are not the best when it comes down to conflict. I am still surprised that Chase punched his dad but I had to push all my feelings to the side and comfort my child.

Regardless of whatever I have gone through with Marshall, he is still my husband and I am obligated to check on him. It took me a couple of hours to get Aaliyah and Chase to calm down before leaving them with Aaron who has seen shit like this before. I hate that my son has seen us fight but it's not something that upsets him anymore because it doesn't happen as much.

It was nearing one am when I left the house and I have been driving around for the past hour trying to find Marshall. I do worry for him since I know what he is like and I know that he regrets everything that took place during dinner especially since he fought our son. That must be killing him inside and that hurts because I know he has changed.

"Marshall." I call out the window as I spot a lone figure walking down an alley. "I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!"

He ignores me as he continues to walk further down down the alley.

"I'LL RUN YOU OVER IF YOU DON'T COME BACK HERE!" I yell before laughing as I recount a moment in my past when I attempted to run him over. 

Anytime I reminisce on my past, I am quickly reminded of how crazy I used to be. Marshall and I were pretty toxic but the love that we have for eachother has always been clear which is why people love to hate us.

I switch off the ignition before sighing deeply as I get out the car and start making my way down the alley. I make sure to lock my car because thieves like to strike when you least expect it and I have been held at gunpoint more times than I would like.

"Marshall." I grab his shoulder before spinning in him around and I sigh in relief because it's not some stranger. "Are you crazy? Did you actually make me run after you?"

"What the fuck do you want?" He hisses. "If you've come to shout at me then you don't need to because I've fucking been through it."

My eyes soften as I see the bruises on his face and I realise that he went to pick a fight with the intention of getting hurt. Men can be stupid like that but my Marshall is just a crazy son of a bitch.

"I'm not here to shout at you, I'm just worried because what took place has never happened before." I rub my lips together as the cold air hits. "I have spent four hours calming our children down and the past hour looking for you."

"What's the point?" He scoffs as he kicks over a glass bottle. "You're already leaving me."

"Fucking cry me a river, Marshall." I kiss my teeth at him and he rolls his eyes. "Regardless of whatever we have going on, I still care about you and I sympathise because I know how much that must have hurt you inside."

"He's just a fucking kid looking out for his mom." Marshall throws his hands up into the air. "You should have never invited that bitch over for dinner."

I raise a brow at him, "Now you're blaming me?"

"Your sister does everything in her power to make my life a living hell and you still allow her to flaunt her shit around in our home. We may have fucked eachother over in the past but that doesn't mean that she gets to bring it up infront of our children." Marshall punches the dumpster and I cross my arms. "Since you want to be telling stories, did you ever tell her about the time that you stabbed m-"

I cut Marshall off with a kiss and he wraps his arms tightly around my body as our tongues dance. 

"You tried to stab me first." I mumble and he squeezes my ass before backing me up against the wall.