Chapter 15

Jelena: Paving the way

7,000,000 likes ~ limited comments

---

I held a final rap show this past weekend at the Forum which was pretty wild considering that it was all so last minute. My final show as a rapper happened years ago but I wanted a do over where I could end it on my own terms considering that Bad Boy Records had stiffed me.

I had filed for bankruptcy after the release of my second album under Bad Boy since I wasn't being paid. My final days as a rapper were miserable and although I put that life behind me, I couldn't come to terms with that being my end.

Being a rapper was a dream that I had since a teen after my then boyfriend took me to watch a rap battle. Rap consumed my life so it was tragic to see it end the way that it did and that's why I wanted to rewrite the ending. 

"It's crazy." I rub my lips together while looking over the pictures that were taken during the show. "You don't realise how much of an impact you may have on a person or an industry until something like this happens. Revisiting the past is always a dangerous thing but I'm so glad that I decided to do that because I can finally close the chapter with a smile."

"You could always come out with one final album and top it off with a world tour." Marshall winks at me. "I'd be at your side the entire time."

"Until we get into a fight and rap about wanting to kill me again." I mutter with a chuckle and my husband gives me a dirty look. "That would be nice but I'm already working on an album which I've been teasing for a while. I don't want to scrap that to release something that could potentially flop."

"You sold out that stadium in less than two minutes." Marshall reminds me of my new milestone that I achieved. "Nobody knew that the gang was getting together until we showed up on the night so don't doubt yourself."

"What about you?" I ask him and he gives me a weird look. "When are you dropping something new?"

Marshall waves me off, "I'm working on something."

"