Chapter 17

Jelena: Momma bear

Jelena: Momma bear

1,300,000 likes ~ limited comments

---

My family life may be falling apart but life still goes on and I have a schedule that is filled to the brim with shit that I have to do. Aaron has decided to go no contact with the family which really hurts but I understand that he needed a break from everything going on. 

There isn't much that I can do at this stage in our lives but apologise for traumatising my children and trying to make amends. 

Aaliyah has moved back home which has been nice since I have been the only female in the house for a while. Although it's nice to have my girl back, things aren't the same as I can see that she is fighting an inner battle.

Chase barely leaves the house and he doesn't really speak to us anymore.

All Marshall and I do is have sex to relieve ourselves of the pain that we are feeling on the inside. We were making progress following the decision not to go through with the divorce but now everything has gone to shit again.

"I'm never going to read this shit." I mumble while throwing a book into the backseat. I was invited to a book launch for an old friend of mine who I don't even speak to but I am supposedly featured in one of the chapters.

"Well, that's not very nice." Aaliyah gives me a look as I put the key into the ignition. "You seemed pretty happy to read an excerpt from the book at the party."

"It's called acting

"It's called acting." I shrug my shoulders. "Anyone can look happy even if it's for a moment."

"How are you feeling?" She asks me and I bite down on my bottom lip as I try to think of an appropriate answer for her.

"I feel like I need some Dunkin' Donuts." I sing while pointing to the drive through that I am about to go through. "Do you want anything?"

"Yeah, for you to tell me how you're feeling." Aaliyah raises a brow at me. "My usual Dunkin' order with your feelings on the side."