𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

half vampire and half werewolf

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ophelia and Elijah went back inside the Lockwood house because it was getting dark. Ophelia found a game of chess and started to play with Elijah. The Winter girl wasn't pretty good at this game.

They were playing the game for fifteen minutes and already played 2 rounds, they were in their 3 round. Ophelia was focused on the game before she was going to make a move the door swung open. The vampire and the girl look over to their right and see it is Elena. Elena walked over to Ophelia and Elijah who were on the couch.

"Welcome back." Elijah says to Elena as he looks at her. Ophelia moves her white statue.

"Tell me. What is Klaus's curse?" Elena asked while she took off her jacket and crossed her arms. "Please." Elijah said to Elena pointing at the couch next to Ophelia.

"My family was quite close, but Klaus and my father did not get on too well. When we became vampires, we discovered the truth." Elijah continues the story and moves the pieces. He takes away one of Ophelia's and puts it to the side.

"Klaus was not my father's son. My mother had been unfaithful many years before. This was her darkest secret. Klaus is from a different bloodline. Of course, when my father discovered this, he hunted down and killed my mother's lover and his entire family." Elijah said to Elena shocking Ophelia.

"Not realizing, of course. That he was igniting a war between species that raged until this day." Elijah explains. Elena was confused.

"A war between the species?" Elena repeats Elijah's words. "Like the vampires and werewolves?" Ophelia stated and looked at Elijah then moved a piece. The original vampire nods.

"So Klaus's real father was from a werewolf bloodline? What does that make Klaus? A werewolf? Or a vampire" Elena asks Elijah. He looks at Elena for a second before answering.

"He's both." Elijah says to Elena. "Check-mate." He adds on as he moves his final piece. Ophelia was utterly shocked by what he had said and done.

"A Hybrid would be deadlier than any werewolf or vampire. Nature would not stand for such an imbalance of power. Therefore the witches, the servants of nature saw to it that my brothers' werewolf side would become dormant." Elijah explains to Elena and Ophelia and stands up from the couch.

"That's the curse that Klaus wants to break." Ophelia said. "He wants to trigger that part of him that's a werewolf." Elijah says.

"If allowed, Klaus would be sure of his bloodline. He'd build his race. Endangering not just vampires but everyone." Elijah said to Elena who was getting up.