𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

the humanity

the humanity

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The buzzer ticked in Ophelia and the other minds. Stefan was cleaning up the blood from Chad and Dana from under his mouth with his black long sleeve. Elena was standing near Ophelia who was sitting down on the bench with the white rag that Elena gave for her wound. The girls look up at the clock seeing the seconds go down on the 6 minutes.

Stefan was pacing back and forward not wanting to do this in front of Ophelia and to make it worse. Klaus made her stay with the wound Rebekah gave to her. Watching Stefan going back and forth was making Ophelia more scared and a bit woozy from all the blood loss.

"Caroline's dad! Stefan, he was able to resist compulsion. I don't know how but he did it. Maybe it's possible." Elena explains to Stefan chuckling slightly at her saying.

"Yeah, yeah. Maybe it's just mind control, right? Maybe it just takes some focus and a couple of decades of training. No biggie deal." Stefan said to Elena sarcastically also knowing that it was going to work on him.

"Elena, Klaus is an original and he could compel any vampire he wants." Ophelia said to Elena. Elena looks at her ignores her and goes back on Stefan.

"Stefan, you can control this. When that buzzer goes off just—just drink from me." Elena said to Stefan. Telling him to drink from her neck. Elena didn't get what was ripper and Ophelia shook her head.

"You don't get it. I can't stop, Elena! I'm a ripper! A ripper doesn't stop!" Stefan angrily snapped at Elena and pointed at her. She stops her track and never since the side of Stefan. Ophelia got up from the bench and walked slowly to Elena.

"I listen to the words that come out of your mouth and all I hear is the sound of your heart pumping through your body. And when that clock ticks down..." Stefan said pointing at the clock which was now down to 5 minutes and a few seconds. Elena and Ophelia look up and then back at the vampire.

"I'm going to have to feed on you and you wanna know what's worse? I'm not gonna be able to stop." Stefan said to Elena but instead of taking it. Elena shook her head to the boy she still loved.

"I don't believe that. You can fight it. You just have to want it bad enough." Elena tells Stefan and scoffes. "Why, because I love you?" Stefan asked his ex-girlfriend.

"Yeah! That's right, Stefan. Because you love me. You'll fight because after everything that we've been through you owe me that." Elena said to Stefan beside her getting mad at him. It wasn't truly anger.

"You know what, you're right. I owe you everything. Because through all of this, you are the second thing that has kept me from giving up from turning it all off." Stefan said to Elena. One of the words that caught her off guard was she was the second thing. In her mind rushed who was the first one.