Five

Kalanie

Kalanie

"You oldddd." AJ stretched with wide eyes as he looked at his dad. Amir smacked his lips pushing Ajs head out of the way.

"You just young as hell." Amir mumbled. "Dad can I go play basketball today?" He asked. "Who Gon take you?" Amir questioned.

"I know my old ass ain't. Finna hop my old ass in the bed." Amir spoke and I shook my head.

AJ smacked his lips before Alani came downstairs crying. "What's wrong , princess." Amir picked her up.

"Jiggy died." She cried and I tried my hardest not to laugh but AJ just laughed. Jiggy is her fish. She named that fish jiggy and she had it for 6 months. I sighed.

"AJ that ain't-" amir cut himself off by laughing a lil bit. "That ain't funny , man." He pushed the little boys head. I shook my head with a small smile.

His laugh grew louder and Alani figured out he was laughing. "Kalanie go....go flush it." He spoke before him and AJ began laughing harder.

"Amir." I stopped laughing. "Leave me alone daddy." She mumbled getting back down.

"I'm sorry. Come here babygirl." He chuckled holding his arms out. "No." She crossed her arms before walking to me.

She held her hands up but I can't pick her up. "Mommy." She whined. "Girl I can't pick you up." I placed a hand on my stomach.

"Lemme go to bed. She finna stress me out. I told you she would catch on to yo thotivities." He mumbled.

"Amir you Gon stop saying that."

JOY

"Autumn is so fine girl."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Like the autumn from the YMCA?" I questioned.

"Yas girl." She spoke. "I been said that." I explained.

"Aw naw. That's all me. I'm calling dibs right now." She explained.

But autumn is so fine.

But I've known Madison longer and Ian Gon lose a friend over some dick...that I ain't even getting.

I just shrugged. "Imma shoot my shot with him." She explained.

"Aight Madison but I'm letting you know now that we been texting and we linked at the y again like twice." I explained.

I know I said I wasn't gonna lose a friend over him but damn. He fine.

"Girl...who have you ever pulled? Y'all would be together if he wanted you. Plus your not gonna date. I just know. Your boring as hell. He not gon want you , trust. And you a virgin." She shook her head.

I scrunched my face up.

"Madison...Ian finna sit up here and argue with you over no nigga. But go ahead and do you. But Ian say I was tryna be with him. Don't try to make me feel bad about not being a hoe." I went on.

"I'm only 16. Ian sussposed to have more bodies than my age." I explained. "And I don't date cuz I choose not to. You bitches want me." I went on.

"Girl-" I cut her off by hanging up. Ian tryna act funny over no nigga but that pissed me off.

What's wrong with being a virgin?

Nothing. I only have one body but I keep them out of my business so they don't know that.

And I'd never tell ANYBODY about that and who I lost it to. Only me and him know.

At least I'm not easy. Madison always has a hidden motive and she's sneaky. And she done fucked and sucked half the football and basketball team.

She get around and we both know that. The whole school know that but I stuck beside her cuz she's my best friend and truly , I don't give a fuck about what she doing with Them.

And I don't really have room to talk or judge when I'm always at some party getting high. I'm just as bad as her, I just don't spread my legs for everyone.

I have my parents in my life and so much family but I still feel alone. That's why I do the shit I do.

•••••••••

I sat on the sidelines with autumn as we talked.

"Life man. Shit pisses me off." I explained. "I feel you." He chuckled. We real cool now. Like friends. It's been about a month.

I try to put my feelings to the side for him but it just don't work. Sometimes I can ignore it but hardly ever.

I glanced over at him. He had a little mustache and beard coming in. He so sexy.

"Fuck you looking at?" He questioned playfully. "Nothing." I shook my head. "You scary. Stop looking away when I'm talking to you." He explained.

I felt a lil heartbeat.

Not in my heart tho.

"My bad." I mumbled.