forty

Joy

I laid in bed watching as keyon sat at the foot of the bed with my feet in his lap. He massaged my feet as I watched.

"You hungry?" He questioned. I shook my head. I don't know why I ever accuse him of cheating. I need to stop , I'm sure he doesn't cheat. And if he does I'll just have to trust that it'll come to the light on it's own one day.

"I was finna go get whataburger, I know you want sum." He explained looking at me. I smiled a little before nodding.

He nodded with a s ile as he stood up. He knew my order already so he grabbed his keys before walking over to me and kissing my lips.

He leaned down and kissed sleeping KJ on his cheek.

Then he walked to the bedroom door as I watched. "Wait , I wanna go with you." I started.

"Come on." He paused. "And naw , you ain't getting dressed come on." He explained. We'd be going to New York tomorrow.

I slowly sat up as he walked over and grabbed KJ. KJ slowly woke up as I sat up.

He wiped his eyes and sighed. I walked out of the room with them and we headed downstairs.

We headed out of the house and I sat in the car as he placed KJ in. KJ babbled things to himself as keyon hopped in the front seat.

He pulled off and grabbed my hand as I yawned. It was raining and it was only 6:46.

Me and keyon continued to talk as we made our way to whataburger.

"Fuck is you talking about? I thought you said you didn't want a dog." Keyon started. "I didn't say I didn't want a dog , I said I didn't want one at the time but now I do. I want an American bulldog." I explained with a smile.

"I'll think about it. I want a pit bull." He explained. "It's like the same shit." I shrugged.

"No it's not. Then bulldogs be ugly as shit." He replied making me shake my head with a small smile as he pulled up.

"Mama." I heard KJ. I turned around with a smile as keyon began ordering. "Hm?" I questioned as he stared at me.

"Umm...dada." he explained. I shook my head. His favorite words are mama , dada , and stop.

I laughed a little as I grabbed my phone and typed on it. Soon AJ began calling.

He finally got his phone back and don't know how to act.

"Hello." I answered his FaceTime call. "oh hey." He popped his head up in the screen.

"What about them bred 1s?" He question. I smacked my lips. "Boy...ask your father. I just bought you some pure violets and those wasn't cheap." I shook my head.

He smacked his lips. "Man , put keyon on the phone." He spoke. Keyon was the one that turned him into a sneaker head.

"Nah , he's busy." I spoke. "I got you lil man , imma call you in a minute." Keyon spoke making AJ smile in the camera.

I shook my head as I heard my dad yelling. "Kayden sit ya lil bad ass down."

"Lemme speak to dad." I spoke. He passed the phone to my dad and my dad was still yelling. Soon he looked down on the phone with the same mug.

"Hey.." I started. "Wassup. What you want? I'm busy right now." He started.

"No your not." AJ mumbled. "If y'all went back to sleep, I was very busy with ya mama." He started and my jaw dropped.

"Eww. Put AJ back on the phone." I scrunched my face up before he spoke. He smacked his lips. "Ian men's it like that." He replied.

"Nah , you knew what you meant." I shook my head as keyon pulled off. "Joy don't act like you so disturbed cuz I was very disturbed when you told us you was pregnant." He spoke and I smacked my lips.

"Yeah but I was almost 18-" he cut me off. "you was 16 years old , ain't no reason you should have been having sex." He explained and I sighed.

"Mhm." I hummed in response. He's right but I definitely don't wanna admit it.

"Why are we talking about that?" I started. "Ion know. You started." He propped the camera up and I seen my mom walk in the bathroom and stare down at the camera.

"Who is that?"  She questioned.