Nine

Joy

I walked out of 8th period and to the bus loop so I could say bye to a few of my friends before heading to parent pick up.

"You still coming to that party with me, Mani , and Cynthia?" Nevaeh asked. I nodded my head.

"I should be able to but I just gotta remind my mama." I explained. Imma tell my mama I'm spending the night at veahs house and we sneak to the party. "Alright." She spoke as Mani walked up.

"Hey Mani girl." I smiled. "Hey happy." She smiled. I rolled my eyes playfully. "See...I'm not coming." I shook my head.

Neveah smacked her lips. "Mani , hush." She spoke as Imani laughed. "Ok I'll come." I smiled.

"Where's Cynthia?" Mani asked. "Ion know." We spoke in unison.

"Alright, I'll see you later veah. Mani walk with me to parent pick up." I spoke.

"Ok. Bye veah." She waved and we began walking to the front.

••••••••••••

I walked in Neveahs house and looked around. We've been friends for a while but I never been to her place.

Her house is decent. Apparently she got three brothers tho.

"You hungry?" She asked. "nah , not really." I shrugged.

"Ok." We headed upstairs to her room where Mani and Cynthia was.

I greeted my friends Before we sat down.

We were talking and watching tv and playing uno before I spoke.

"Nah , y'all cheating. Ian playing again" I spoke as Cynthia shuffled the cards.

"Stop being a sore loser."Cynthia joked. "Alright, that's it y'all. We gotta get ready." Neveah explained.

After all of us got ready it was about 9. Neveah made sure her mom was sleep before we snuck out the window.

•••••••••••••

I drank from the bottle of Hennessy as I laid in the bed with a boy and three other girls I didn't know.

There was two girls on each side and he was in the middle. I was closest to him and he took the bottle.

His eyes were barely open. He was lightskinned with dreads and face tats and neck tats.

The girl on the other side of him was getting real handsy and she kept feeling on him.

Soon the door opened. I didn't even feel like moving to see who it was.

And I didn't care cuz I most likely wouldn't know them cuz I didn't know these people laying in bed with me.

"Joy."

I heard. For some reason I just smiled. Then I was roughly snatched out of the bed. I seen that it was CJ.

"Don't tell my mom." Was all I said.

He didn't say anything. I stumbled out of the room with him holding on to me tightly.

We headed outside and I began to vomit into the bushes. He held on to me as I finished.

When I finished I wiped my mouth and let him drag me to his car. He pushed me in the backseat and shut the door.

"You high?" He asked. I didn't respond. I just laid on the seat. He sighed pulling off.

"What about Mani an-" I cut myself off by laying back in the seat. "They good. They seen me and they was tryna cover for yo ass. What I tell you joy? Them drugs don't love you. You Gon DIE." He started And I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not even high." I burped. "Quit lying." He replied. "Cuz I know you not sober." He continued to drive.

"Your not my dad." I mumbled. "that's coo. You want me to call ya dad tho?" He asked.

"No." My eyes widened and I sobered up a lot.

Soon we reached his house and his parents weren't home. We headed upstairs and to his room.

He scrambled through his drawers for something and he pulled out a bottle of pills.

He took one out and passed it to me. Without question I took it cuz I knew he wouldn't hurt me.

He turned on the shower and handed me clothes. "Go get it. Where ya phone?" He asked.

I pulled it out of my back pocket and threw it on the bad.

When I got in the shower it was freezing and I'm sure my high was just about gone now cuz he blowing it.

And cold showers help me sober up.

When I stepped I immediately began throwing up and I realized the pill he gave me was to get the drugs out of my system.