Thirteen

JOY

I sat in the front seat and shut the door. CJ raised the window down as my mama and daddy came outside.

"Hey CJ." My mom smiled. "Hey." He smiled showing off his perfect teeth. "You-" my mom was cut off by my dad.

"Tell yo pops to stop by on Sunday." He explained. Sunday was super bowl or something.

I think my dad gay and he like CJ dad.

Just kidding.

I would like him too. I'm sorry but he fine. He's just old.

"I will." He nodded. "Amir , let them go. Come inside the house." My mom grabbed my dad by his arm pulling him away and we laughed.

"Bye. Love y'all." My mom waved.

"Love you too." We replied before they watched him pull off. I sighed looking down at my phone.

"Why you so quiet?" He asked. "what you mean? What I'm posed to say?" I questioned.

"Nun." He replied as we reached a light. I looked up and he grabbed my neck pulling me into a kiss.

I kissed back before pulling away with a smile. "Close yo damn mouth. I can't see shit." He joked.

I smacked my lips. This why I stopped smiling.

I didn't take after my mama. I took after my daddy with his childish ass teef and I had to get braces.

I closed my mouth the whole ride to the mall. When we stepped out of the car we headed inside of the mall.

"Where you wanna go?" He asked. "Pink." I explained. "Who you tryna look sexy for?" He scrunched his face up.

"I'm going to get perfume now hush." I explained. He hummed in response as we made our way to pink. He kept his head down as we walked in.

I knew what perfume I wanted. I headed to the back and picked up the warm and cozy perfume and headed to the cash register.

After paying for it , we headed out of the store.

He wanted to go to the shoe store. We were in shoe palace and he was checking out another pair of air forces and I decided I didn't want any shoes today.

I shook my head watching him buy it.

This fine tall dark thang walked in the store. When I looked behind him it was some bitch already mugging.

I looked away and back to my phone.

"Come on." I heard. I looked up and seen cj. I stood up an walked out of the store with him.

"Where you wanna go now?" I asked. "Ion know...you?" He asked.

"Mm....food court." I explained and he agreed. We headed upstairs to the food court.

I was ordering Chinese food while CJ stood behind me.

After I got my order he decided he wanted Chick fil a.

I sat down at a table alone waiting for him to come.

Soon he came and sat down in front of me.

"What you get?" I asked as he opened his bag. "Damn , can I get a bite first?" He joked and I smacked my lips.

He had got that spicy chicken sandwich.

I ate my food silently as a girl with a baby boy on her hip walked up.

"So who is this Christian?" She started and I could tell she was ghetto. "My friend, chill." He mugged.

"Just yo damn friend?" She asked. "That's what I said." He replied.

"Hi , nice to meet you. I'm Jordan , his baby mama." She explained quickly with friendly words but not in a friendly tone.

She was skinny , average height ,and lightskinned. she had black long box braids. She was pretty.

"Baby mama?.."

"Yes boo. I don't know what he told you but this is his family right here." She pointed to her kid and herself. And I noticed she was pregnant.

No way.

"Jordan I just told you that she's just my friend." He went on. "Yeah...I'm just a family friend." I nodded.

"Oh ok...nice to meet you. What's ya name?" She asked. "Khloe." I explained as she took a seat next to him and passed the kid to him.

"So how y'all know each other?" She asked. "Our parents are friends." I mumbled.

"Yeah. They been friends for a minute now. That's basically like my sister. I call her sis." He shrugged.

"Aww." She smiled.

I didn't even wanna eat anymore.