thirty-7

Joy

I stared down at Kj. He's so cute. He's so chocolate. He had the cutest little lips and big brown eyes like keyon.

I smiled kissing his cheek making him whine. I smacked my lips placing him down.

I glanced over at Keyon who was laying in bed with his eyes closed. I know he's not sleep.

"Keyon." I called. He didn't move. He is not sleep.

I cradled KJ in my arms and put the bottle up to his lips. He grabbed it and closed his eyes as I began rocking him to sleep.

I knew he was going to sleep. Within ten minutes he was knocked out. Bottle on the bed and snoring.

I slowly stood up and walked to his crib. I placed him down after kissing his cheek.

I climbed back in bed and placed the bottle on the side of the night stand.

"Keyon." I shook him gently. He opened one eye and then closed it. I sighed shaking my head.

"I love you." I leaned down and kissed his lips. I felt him smile against my lips before kissing back and wrapping an arm around my waist.

"I love you too. Go cook." He spoke. "No. I'm finna go cook ramen noodles." I Mumbled sitting back.

"No you not." He spoke making me agree. It was silent for a second before he spoke.

"I feel like I'm not gon be here long." He started. I furrowed my eyebrows looking at him. "What you mean? At this hou-" he cut me off by shaking his head.

"Alive. Ian tryna scare you or nun , ma. A few days ago a car was following me. I seen that same car parked outside my mama house. I been seeing that same car a lot. I know something up." He shook his head as I sat up.

"Don't say that , keyon. That is strange but I don't think your gonna die. I don't even wanna think about you dying keyon , I just got you back." I shook my head growing emotional quickly.

"I don't wanna talk about it keyon." I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his chest as my eyes grew watery.

He sighed wrapping his arms around me. I really don't want anything to happen to him but I feel the same way.

I don't know if he was thinking of doing something to himself or not cuz he was definitely showing symptoms of depression. He was in a coma for over a year , and that is depressing as hell. I don't blame him but I just hope he can get over it , I waited for him.

I just wish I hadn't got so attached. And not only that , I wish I waited to have a kid. Well plans changed.

He pulled the covers over us as I enjoyed the moment. "You good?" He asked. I didn't respond, I just stared ahead.

"Khloe." He shook me gently. "Keyon , I know exactly what you do and I want you out of these streets keyon. I don't wanna lose you. I can't." I looked at him and he wiped my tears.

"Imma be aight, and you too." He explained.  "But did you hear what I said, keyon?" I questioned.

"Yeah , I hear you. It's not that easy , joy." He explained. I sighed. "Are you... depressed?" I questioned.

He spoke. "Why you ask that? Ion think so." He shrugged. "Because you show the symptoms, keyon. I'm worried about you." I explained.

"Like I said , imma be aight. Stop worrying and go to sleep." He tightened his grip around me.

I sniffled laying my head back on his chest. I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep.

••••••••••••

It was the next morning and keyon and I were arguing again. I hate arguing with him cuz he won't stop.

But we rarely argue.

I hate arguing with him cuz he always leaves the house after we argue and I've seen too many movies. Life is too short to just walk out with an attitude and not say I love you.

"No shut up. That's why your mama was gonna sell you for some Adidas." I rolled my eyes. "And that's why yo daddy didn't come round till you was 3." He mugged.

"Fuck you , keyon."

"So who is she?" I questioned tossing his phone down on to the kitchen table. "Khloe , Ian finna argue with you. I just said that's my cousin." He explained.

It added up. The text seemed friendly but still...

"Ok well you should've said that." I replied. "I did." He mugged. "no , you didn't. You said that's Monica , ion know who the fuck Monica is." I mugged.

"And how you texting yo cousin if yo family don't fuck with you?" She questioned.

"She the only one that do , she was inviting me to a cookout, damn. You pissing me off." He placed my son down and I shook my head watching him grab his keys.

"Where are you going?" I asked. "To get a haircut."

This one's short , sorry 🧍🏾‍♀️

Ok bye