Twenty - 6

joy

I heard yelling downstairs and although this isn't my house I wanted to see what it was. I walked out of keyons room and to the staircase.

I could see the kitchen from the staircase and I seen a lightskinned lady fussing at home.

"You ain't shit keyon." She yelled before throwing a pot his way and he dodged it before furrowing his eyebrows.

"Ma I'm 17. I can't take care of her and I couldn't stop him. You wasn't taking care of her." He fussed and his accent came out thick.

"Fuck you." She yelled.

I'm assuming they were fussing about his younger sister Keyana. He told me about how he was trying to take care of her but her father was also in her life here and there.

Keyana loved her daddy and she didn't mind living with him. Her dad wanted her to live with him because he didn't want all that stress on keyon since he was only a teen.

So Keyana went to go live with her dad.

Keyon watched her throw things around and I felt so bad for him.

"I want you out of my fucking house keyon. You ain't Gon be shit just like ya bum ass daddy." She yelled.

"GET OUT." She screamed before throwing a plate towards him. He dodged it and it hit the wall.

He turned towards the stair case and I walked back to his room.

I stood in the doorway as he walked in the room and shut the door.

"Keyon are you ok?" I questioned. He nodded as he sat down on the bed. I stood by the door furrowing my eyebrows.

"Where are you gonna go?" I asked. "Nowhere. She do this shit every time she home. Then she Gon come in here talking bout how much she miss me." He explained.

"Aww...I'm sorry." I mumbled climbing in bed and hugging him. "It's cool." He replied.

"You ready to go home?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah , I do have to go." I replied as I stood up.

"Aight." He grabbed his keys. After I changed back into my clothes he led me downstairs and his mom stopped us.

"Who is this? Keyon do you have a girlfriend?" She asked. She walked closer to me and stared in my face.

"You look just like the bitch that stole Keyons dad from me." She pointed and I furrowed my eyebrows.

He smacked his lips. "Come on." He grabbed my arm.

"No seriously....what was her name." She tired to remember.

We continued to walk but her words caught my attention.

"Kalanie."

I paused and turned around. "K-kalanie?" I questioned. "Yeah that was her name." She rolled her eyes.

"What was his name?" I questioned and she looked at me. "Amir."

My jaw dropped.

"Amir is your dad?" I questioned with wide eyes turning to look at Keyon. "Nah , Ian never heard bout no nigga named amir." He shook his head.

"Yes it is. You just never met him. Well when you were younger..." She started. "Bye." He replied before pulling me out of the house with him.

We hopped in the car and I was silent almost the whole ride. So many questions and thoughts.

"What's ya mamas name?" I asked.

I'd have to make up a lie or something because I didn't want them to know I was at his house but I definitely wanted to know more about this.

"Kayla." He started. "Why you so bothered bout it?" He questioned.

"Because...my mom's name is kalanie and my dad's name is amir." I explained and he glanced at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"And if amir's your dad....that makes us siblings." I explained. "Listen, you don't gotta worry about it baby. She always bringing up her exes and telling me they should've been my father and shit." He explained.

"So don't believe the shit she saying now. She might've fucked with her but I doubt he my pops. Yo dad got strong genes?" He asked.

I nodded. "Exactly and I know I don't look like him cuz if I did you wouldn't be fucking with me." He explained and I agreed as he pulled up.

Im still gonna question.

"Ok." I sighed. I glanced at him then smiled a little. He grabbed my neck and pulled me into a long passionate kiss.

I pulled away with a hot face