eighteen

Joy

+1 month

"Mother's day kinda stupid to me." I told my dad. "Why you say that? Yo mama good to you." He explained.

"Yeah it's good to reward them but....Ian tell her to go crazy in bed that day. She did it all by herself." I mumbled.

"She shole did." I mugged crossing my arms and looked at my dad who looked like he was reminiscing. "eww. Stop." I mumbled.

"My bad but I get what you saying. But you give us a hard time. So pick up a damn gift." He explained.

I sighed as we continued to walk around the store.

I grabbed the teddy bear and looked at him and he stared at me. "What?" I questioned before we both began laughing.

"She won't be ungrateful." I explained. "I know but you know good and well...joy get a better gift." My dad spoke.

"Okay." I sighed placing the bear down.

"Khloe?" I heard. Me and my dad turned around and I seen Keyon.

"Hey." I smiled. "Wassup. How you been." He gave me a brief side hug.

I seen the look my dad was giving me. "Who you is?" My dad spoke embarrassing me.

"Dad..."

"I'm keyon." He held his hand out. "Amir." He shook his hand.

"So who you is to my daughter?" He asked. "A Friend." He replied as I pulled out my phone.

My dad wasn't paying attention so I just opened Instagram and clicked the search bar before passing it to keyon.

"Friend? Aight. Joy you better watch yaself." He explained. "daddy, I just said he's my friend." I explained as he passed my phone back.

I seen that he typed in his Instagram and followed himself.

"Nice seeing you , ma. I gotta go." He spoke. "Ok bye." I waved and he waved back as he walked away.

"So who is that?" My dad asked watching him walk off. "My friend." I replied.

"Friend? Joy he called you mA. Ian called my female friends ma." He explained. "Maybe new York people do that." I shrugged.

"Get the shit so we can go joy." He sighed.

Kalanie

I walked in Alanis room and I believe she was in the tub. I placed her folded clothes on her bed before walking into the bathroom. She was in the tub sitting down.

"You ok baby?" I asked her. "Mhm." She nodded. I paused and placed my phone down.

I walked closer to her and looked down at her body. She has a few bruises on her sides and on her back.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I grabbed her arms. My heart broke seeing the cuts on her arms.

My eyes filled with tears as I wrapped my arms around my daughter. She probably knew I caught on so she began to cry.

She's only 7. Wtf. What could be making her want to do this?

I pulled away with tears in my eyes. "Alani....did you do this to yourself?" I questioned.

She sniffled as she nodded. I let a tear roll down my face. "W-why would you do that lani?" I questioned lowly sitting down on the floor next to the tub.

She was crying but I could understand her. "Mama , they bully me." She cried. My heart broke.

"Who baby?" I questioned. "the white kids at school. They say I'm ugly , fat and dark." She cried. I was silent for a few seconds so I wouldn't burst into tears just yet.

"Who did this to you , Alani?" I questioned looking at the bruises on her body. "those white kids?" I questioned.

She nodded as she cried. "Please don't tell them I told you mommy. They get mad when kayd-" I cut her off.

"Alani you don't have to ever worry about ANYONE trying to hurt you Anymore. Okay?" I questioned. She nodded as I hugged her.

"Get out the tub baby." I told her.

She slowly stood out and drained the water before wrapping the towel around her body. I continued to cry and I tried not to show it.

My daughter is so sweet and I was worried about people taking advantage of that

after she got dressed I pulled her into a hug. "I love you Alani. And your beautiful. Your body is perfect. Your made exactly how God wants you to be made." I hugged her while kissing her forehead.