forty-6

Joy

Joy arrived at Keyons house and stepped out of the car. She walked to the door and knocked. Jazlyn Opened the door with only a pink Versace robe on.

Joy was almost sure that there was nothing under there.

Jazlyn was so pretty natural it slightly made joy insecure. Jazlyn walked away from the door so joy walked in slowly.

She was still in pain as she slipped her shoes off.

She heard her son's loud raspy voice coming from upstairs. She walked towards the stairs but KJ and keyon began walking down the stairs.

"Mama." She seen him point at her. "Hi." She smiled weakly as Keyon placed him down.

"Why you walking like you got shit stuck up yo ass? You good?"keyon questioned.

She rolled her eyes not responding. "I was just playing." He explained. She leaned down and kissed her son's cheek.

"Joy." He called. "Hm?" She looked at him. "what's wrong with you-" Jazlyn cut him off.

"Damn , nun of yo business." She mugged. And for the first time she agreed with Jazlyn.

"Happy birthday, ma. What you doing today?" He smiled at her making her so weak in the knees when seen his perfect white pearly teeth.

She shook her head. "nothing." She replied. "lemme take you somewhere. I got gifts-"

"KEYON. Shut the fuck up. She's good." Jazlyn started. Joy did agree that what keyon was saying to hit in front of his girlfriend was a little inappropriate.

"Jazlyn chill out." He mugged. "it's her birthday."

"Fuck her birthday."

The two started to argue as joy began to walk towards the door. She slipped her shoes on and her sons as well when keyon finally noticed.

He walked over. "I got you some gifts." He explained. "Why didn't you answer my calls last night?" She stood up.

"Calls? What calls? I told you to call me when you get home and you left me on delivered AND you never called me." He crossed his arms.

She looked up at him.  "Actually I called you once , and Jaz answered. She said you was sleep. Then I called you twice around 12 and she answered the first time but wouldn't let me speak to you." Khloe went on.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "JA-" she cut him off. "You can talk to her about that later. I don't wanna hear y'all argue." She mugged turning to the door.

"So that's why you pissed off? Cuz Ian answer yo calls?" He asked. Placing a hand on the door above her head.

"Yes keyon. Last night I found out I was pregnant and- and I lost the baby. I called you because I wanted you to at least be there with me keyon. That was so scary. I watched them remove my baby alone." She teared up.

He pulled away from the door and hugged her. "I'm sorry joy. You know I would've been there if I knew about it. But I didn't but I'm sorry , ma. I'm so sorry." He explained as she sniffled.

She could not blame him at all cuz he didn't know. "it's fine." She mumbled pulling away.

She wiped her tears before grabbing kjs hand.

"Joy...I hope you not mad. I'm sorry-" she cut him off. "It's ok keyon. It's not your fault." She told him letting go of kjs hand.

She stared up at him and seen he was truly sorry. "It's ok." She told him.

He was silent for a second before speaking. "Can I still take you out later?" He asked.

"I don't know keyon...you have a girlfriend-" he cut her off. "Fuck her. That ain't my girl no more and she Getting out soon as I get to talk to her." He explained.

"Ok...then yes. I'll go." She shrugged. "If my parents can watch kj." She explained. "Nah , bring KJ." He explained.

"Ok." She agreed as he picked KJ up and kissed his cheek. "how you feel ma? You okay? You need me to get you su-" she cut him off.

"No keyon. I'm ok. I promise." She told him.

"Ok. I'll see y'all later. Love you lil man." He kissed kjs forehead before placing him down.

He gave joy a hug. "love you." He told her.

She mumbled against his chest but he knew she said it back.