VI

"Lamia Scale, Jura Neekis! Versus! Fairy Tail B, Rin! Today's final match... Start!"

Neither opponent moved a muscle, simply waiting for the other to make a move. While Jura watched the woman across the field closely, Rin was listening intently for any shift in the atmosphere. A slight twitch of a muscle, a shift of his breath, tremble of the ground... She would be ready for anything.

The crowd waited silently, waiting for this battle to commence. Although they had little faith that Rin would even survive, finding out that she was a Wizard Saint was such a great shock that they were worried if Jura would win or not.

Jura shifted the back of his heel, rustling the rock beneath his feet and triggering Rin into action. In a blur, she was in front of him with her fist clenched and ready to meet his cheekbone. However, he was just fast enough to bring his arms in front of his face to block her attack. She retracted before lowering her stance and targeting his open abdomen, landing a solid palm strike right above his pelvis, knocking the air out of his lungs. The man jumped back in haste, trying to regain his equilibrium before engaging in his own attacks.

Rin retreated for a moment, looking for an opening in the man's frame but found none as he sent walls of rocks in her direction. She jumped all around them; landing on one and using it to close the distance between them. She jumped at him with her right fist clenched so tightly that her nails dug crescents into her palms. A few black plates made of her magic lined up perfectly behind her arm, slamming down into one another and building the momentum she would need for a knock-out hit.

"Telekinetic Dragon's Iron Fist: Ricochet!" Her punch, although parried, sent the man tumbling back and slamming into the wall of the arena. The crowd roared as he pulled himself out of the cracked wall, shaking his head to center his focus. While Rin was trying to balance her body after such a powerful attack, he took this opportunity and crushed the ground beneath his feet, creating enough rubble for his Supreme King Rock Crush.

He lifted the broken boulders with his magic and sent them flying at her, encasing her body and trapping her to the ground. However, he was no match for her strength. Her magic quickly overpowered his and ripped the trap apart, sending rubble flying in all directions. He then created giant spikes of earth beneath her feet, forcing her into the air. However, she was prepared for this. She heard it.

Rin took a deep breath, twisting her body around to offer the utmost momentum for her attack. "Telekinetic Dragon's Roar!" A huge beam of dark purple and black matter shot down at Jura, creating a gravitational force into the earth as well roughing him up with metaphysical objects. The attack shattered the earth beneath him, a crater forming where he stood.

After the attack and debris had settled, Rin found her feet clumsily meeting the ground. Meanwhile, Jura stood in a defensive stance, harmed much less than a normal mage would've been from that attack. "Oh, you're still standing? I'm impressed," she cooed. "Time to take things up a notch."

Rin's eyes were fierce like a dragon's, her pupils like slits. Her hair began flailing wildly, ripping out of its ponytail and floating above her shoulders. With her arms outstretched, her magic began to fluctuate, building power in her core. Jura sent a shockwave through the earth, interrupting the woman's focus.

"Don't," he warned. "Don't use that." She tilted her head.

"I thought we were going all out?"

"Think about what that would do to the stadium and everyone in it." Rin simply leered at him, her magic swelling again. "I won't let you!"

A pillar of rock shot at Rin again, but instead of dodging it, she split it in half with her magic. The two halves splintered and completely missed her body. However, that was only a distraction. A fist made of rock loomed above her, slamming down on her body in an attempt to crush her. The dust camouflaged the scene from everyone's view, but the camera's picked up on the silhouette of her body holding up the fist with her bare hands, albeit struggling a little.