XXV

"...So, I'm deeply sorry that we don't have time to celebrate the Grand Magic Games... But this country is currently in danger." Rin kept her head down, her attitude glum and hopeless. However, even with her misfortune with Sting tonight, she couldn't help but feel like something was totally off.

According to Masumi, there were no more dragons in this era apart from the remaining God Dragons and Acnologia. "At the castle they're currently getting ready to use our strategy. The Eclipse Cannon."

Rin felt a weird sensation within her at the mention of the structure. It was as if the name woke Masumi from her slumber.

Eclipse Cannon...?

You've heard of it? Rin did her best to communicate with her parent without being vocal as she usually was.

There's no such thing. Masumi's presence was now fully alert in Rin's mind. It was almost as if they were sharing her brain. The only Eclipse I've heard of is the Eclipse Gate. It's a time portal that can connect to the future and the past. Though she failed to notice from a distance, Sting had been keeping a close eye on her and took notice of how her brows furrowed in confusion.

Do you think that's how Lucy came from the future?

Most likely, she confirmed. But that doesn't explain the whole cannon thing.

"Do you think they got it wrong?" Sting's head shot back to the female's face as she accidentally whispered to herself. Masumi was silent which gave Rin her answer. "There are no dragons..." Sting and Rogue both furrowed their brows as they caught on to what the brunette was muttering to herself. "You're wrong!"

All eyes shot to the female as she yelled disrespectfully at the King. "You're wrong," she repeated. "There are no dragons of this age and there is no Eclipse Cannon. If you activate the Eclipse, then thousands of dragons will flood through the gate." The girl could hear the faint creaking of metal in the distance. She slowly turned around, her heart sinking.

Before she knew it, it was too late. "It's not a weapon! It's a time machine!" A loud tremor could be heard coming from the castle, drawing everyone's attention away from the King. And before they knew it, a dragon's roar filled the air, sending shivers down their spines.

Sting watched as two black wings sprouted from his mate's back and lifted her into the air. She blasted off without hesitation, aiming straight for the castle.

Rin flew with the same speed she had accomplished earlier during the final battle which sent a gust of wind at the guilds who had gathered before the King. She didn't know what she planned to do, but she knew that she couldn't sit and watch as dragons trampled down the country she lived in. She couldn't let the future she saw come to pass.

Sting watched as she soared, dread filling his body. He wanted her to fight, and he knew she would, but he wanted her to be safe.

Rin could feel her skin tug from how fast she was flying. Her hair had long ripped out of its ponytail due to the wind pressure and she was having trouble keeping her eyes open because of how dry they'd become. However, she pushed through, her right arm tucking under her left in order to brace her shoulder. She wasn't quite sure what it would take, so she was gonna put her whole body into it.

Rin was gonna force the gate closed.

Lucy looked up into the sky, her energy drained from summoning all twelve spirits and watched as a dark blur rocketed straight into the Eclipse Gate. Rin pushed with all of her might alongside the Celestial Spirits to shut the gate, slowly but surely forcing it shut. She yelled in agony at the pain she felt in her body as it traveled all the way from her shoulder to her feet.