XL

*Slightly gruesome content ahead*

Rin bit her tongue. She could feel how close Minerva was, yet something much more valuable beckoned her focus: Mard Geer, carrying the book of E.N.D. Though she thirsted for the blood of her enemy, she knew very well that this wasn't something she could let slide past her. No, Minerva could wait.

"Some humans are really amusing. Do you think simple humans can defeat the King of Hades?"

"I―" Sting's voice cut short as his breath was stolen away. In fact, everyone held their breath including the demon. With just one step, it was like all of her rage was spilling out of her. Her skin was practically leaking ethernano as she approached the group from god knows where. "Rin..."

"Mard Geer Tartaros," she growled. Her eyes were bloodshot red, her veins throbbing so hard that a blood vessel broke in her sclera. Her violet eyes glowed brightly as she leered at him through the dust.

"And what hole did you crawl out of?" His jab was ignored by the female.

"You killed them... You killed Lahar!" The demon only seemed to smirk, ignoring the pounding of fear in his chest. Who knew they were harboring an entity so strong in their dungeons.

"Must not have been important or I'd remember that name."

"I'll kill you," she threatened. "You, Kyoka, Minerva, Lamy, and every other fucking demon that put their hands on me!" Sting's brows furrowed. He, Rogue, and Erza all looked at Minerva who had tears filling her eyes.

"I told Kyoka her interest in humans was disgusting. Don't worry. In one hour, Face will―" Her fist was quick to meet his face, blowing him back into the crash debris. She panted, trying to keep her consciousness from slipping. She wanted to be wide awake for the lives she was about to take.

"You block with your face," she snarled. "Good to know." Mard Geer emerged from the dust that had been kicked up with a giant stem that stretched into the sky. At the top, a thorny flower bud emerged, covered in chains. It was huge, big enough to swallow a person if it opened up. However, there was no time to waste as Rin tore it to shreds with her magic. From within the bud dropped a large figure, one that the others found familiar.

A demonized Jiemma stood tall before them looking as beastly as ever. He was insanely bulked up yet looked as pitiful as ever. Guess greed didn't get him very far.

"The man that was at the top of all the guilds... Many called him the reincarnation of the Devil himself. Jiemma." The others took a step back in shock. No way had their past come back to haunt them.

"Master," she heard Rogue mutter. Not to worry, though. She would make this quick and painless for everyone involved.

"A demon with powers surpassing the Nine Demon Gates... Meet our newest member."

"Member? With powers of this level and you're calling me a member?" Jiemma shot off toward Rin and she did the same. She'd accept his invitation and welcome him to the party with an absolute beatdown. "Underworld King! Once I'm done with these kids, you're next!"

Rin grinned wildly. It had been a long time since she really got to fight someone with all of her strength. This was fun. Jiemma went in with his strongest punch but missed due to the agility of the female. She vanished from his sight completely, leaving him to wonder where she disappeared to. Unbeknownst to him, she was just above him midair with the chains of one of her cuffs coming to meet with his throat.

The brunette felt the tension in her hold as it wrapped against his neck and maneuvered her body around so that the chains twisted together. And when her feet barely met with the ground behind him, she pulled both ends with all her strength.