XXII

"Fairy Tail moved!" Rin sprinted through the cobblestone streets of Crocus, planning on making it to her checkpoint and ambushing her first target.

"Everyone spread out! Move to your next destination!" While the First Master could predict and see where every enemy would be, Rin could feel it. With her magic spread wide across the city, she could sense where every battle was occurring or a person's location if they were using magic. She was like a living radar.

That included Rufus, who stood at the top of a building searching for fairies to hunt. "Within two seconds from the time you see the lights in the sky, it's possible to evade it with an emergency dodge. This magic uses lightning as its element. Laxus alone can guard it." Ignoring Mavis' suggestion, the brunette threw up a barrier and watched as the glowing light erupted on impact, causing no damage whatsoever. She appreciated the First, but she could do this without instruction.

She proceeded to her destination, knowing that her first target was meaningless to her. Cheria would be an easy fight to win and she could only look forward to what would come after.

"Erza will then encounter Miner―"

"I'll do it," Rin interrupted. The others gave her a look for speaking out of line to Mavis. "She's my responsibility alone."

"According to my calculations, I can't assure that you'll meet in time."

"I'll take Cheria out in an instant." The woman stared at the First Master with the same credence as Gray. "I'll make it. It has to be me."

The small blonde shut her eyes, making additional calculations to break down the movements and decide if it was a wise choice to allow Rin off the leash. Her faded green eyes then locked with Rin's in a fierce staredown.

"In order for it to work, you'll have to defeat Cheria within three minutes of your encounter or Minerva will get away. And since I'll have moved Erza, she'll be unpredictable."

"I can do it," she exclaimed. "I promise."

Rin stood in the middle of the street, waiting for the young girl to make her appearance. Her magic was on standby, ready to make this a quick collection of points so she could move on to the real fight.

"God of the North Wind, Boreas!" A black spiral of magic shot down at Rin but was easily parried by her own magic. She simply brushed the girl's magic aside, charging her with the same fury she had shown Minerva and Jura. If she had to win this fight in under three minutes, then she'd have to go all out from the get go.

The brunette's magic surrounded Cheria's body, taking away her ability to move and bringing her down to her level.

"Sorry, kid." She pulled her arm back, five black rings creating enough momentum to crack a mountain in half. "Telekinetic Dragon's Iron Fist: Ricochet!" Rin's knuckles made direct contact with the center of the girl's forehead, sending her into a deep slumber on impact (maybe even a small coma).

Without thinking twice about dropping the girl's limp body to the ground, Rin sprinted to her next destination, already knowing that Mavis was counting down until things went wrong. But the woman knew that she'd make it. She had to.

After twisting and turning throughout the city in a flash, Rin came to her final turn. "Just around this corner, Minerva should be waiting!" She skidded around the wall of the building, turning her body only to find a white laser about to make contact with her face. With her reflexes barely kicking in, Rin bent backward farther than she knew was possible with her flexibility. And when she stood back up, Minerva was nowhere to be found.

Instead, Sting stared back at her, dismissing her confusion and simply glaring at his enemy. "The First's prediction was wrong," she mumbled in question. "Where is Minerva?" Instead of answering, Sting attacked her again with his fist engulfed in magic, attempting to strike the brunette a multitude of times. "Sting!"