XVIII

The long anticipated match between Fairy Tail and Sabertooth was about to begin. Everyone, even the guilds, were incredibly excited to see this fight. The Twin Dragons of Sabertooth entered the arena on their side, looking as smug as ever as Natsu and Gajeel came out to oppose them.

"The dream Dragon Slayer match! It's finally a reality! The match will begin shortly." The four dragon slayers stared each other down. This was no longer a fun competition... It was a battle of pride. Neither side could afford to lose, especially Sabertooth with the consequences that they knew would follow.

"Don't disappoint me." Rin crossed her arms beside Erza, staring down into the arena with a dead look in her eyes.

"It must be hard having to pick sides like this," the redhead jabbed. The brunette flinched, shooting her a look. She cocked a brow at the mage, trying to figure out if she was being teased or not.

"What do you mean by that?"

"It's clear you have a thing with the Sabertooth boy," Gray cut in. "It can't be easy for you to watch him get pummeled by your own guild." Rin simply shrugged.

"He's been a pain in my ass this week... Let's just say this is retribution." Gray and Erza stifled a chuckle. Man, was this girl funny, even if she didn't mean to be.

"Match," Chapati yelled. "Start!" The gong sounded, officially starting the match and prompting the Fairy Tail boys to come out swinging. Before the Twin Dragons could think, Natsu and Gajeel were in their faces, delivering straight blows without any magic. That one was for their friends.

The Fairy Tail dragons continued to throw their opponents around, using minimal magic throughout the fight. Rin huffed. She knew that Natsu and Gajeel could have this match in seconds if they got serious, but they were seemingly testing the waters with the boys.

Suddenly, the Twin Dragons of Sabertooth got a power up, activating their White and Shadow Drive. The crowd watched as the tides turned against Fairy Tail, being repaid for every hit they gave and then some. The brunette scowled. Of course they were strong, but Sting's cockiness was starting to irritate her. She just needed Natsu to fire things up finally.

The blonde relentlessly attacked Natsu, sending so many punches that the pinkette couldn't think. And finally, he landed a jab on Natsu's abdomen, leaving behind a white seal. The Fire Dragon Slayer attempted to move but found that the stigmata forze him in place. He was wide open for another attack... Or so Sting thought.

As the blonde went for a finishing punch, Natsu ambushed him when he got close enough. His knuckles made full contact with a crunch, sending Sting flying back. Rin almost worried he'd broken his nose.

"I'll take that one for me," she mumbled, making the mages beside her laugh again. She tilted her head away from them in embarrassment. A swell of magic power centered in Sting's fist, preparing an attack he was sure would finish Natsu off.

"Holy Nova!" White light surrounded everything, blinding every single spectator and sending rubble flying with the gust of power. Rin put her hands up, creating a wall for her teammates so that they wouldn't have to shield themselves. She held her hands up until the air cleared, gulping in fear that that move was strong enough to hurt her comrade.

She sighed in relief, however, when she found that Natsu had blocked the attack fully with one hand alone.

"Yajima-san! What is this...?!"

"The levels are far too different."

"This... These developments! Who could have expected this?! Sabertooth's Twin Dragons can't even lift a finger before Fairy Tail! Will the match end like this?!"