XXIII

Minerva, Erza, and Kagura glared at each other. Their magic fluctuated as they all tried to intimidate each other. Their magic was so strong it could be felt from the arena, but that just made it easier to find them. The redhead could feel her comrade's presence approaching incredibly fast. So much so that she might've been able to break the sound barrier. None of the others seemed to notice the incoming ballistic missile that Sting had accidentally set off.

But Erza knew why she was coming. Rubble dropped as the women's magic settled. It was silent for a moment until Kagura seemed to finally have sensed the incoming threat. She and Erza both jumped aside in order to dodge her and Rin used that gap to speed through them and snatch Minerva up into the air away from their three-way battle. The tiger woman clawed at Rin, trying to break free, but the brunette was smarter than that.

She flew up high enough that any drop would be fatal for the woman.

"We're going somewhere secluded," the Dragon Slayer growled. She then dropped lower into an alleyway and released Minerva to the ground. She, herself, skidded to a stop and faced the woman with her chest puffed up proudly. "I don't know why you'd want to, but you really managed to piss me off."

"I just thought the dragons would like to play," the other woman cooed. This only made Rin scowl.

"Putting me up against Sting... You really fucked up." Rin's magic swelled in the area, finally gathering from around the city since she had spread it out to act as a radar. Now, it was condensed in the street they stood in; Minerva could barely breathe. "Let's make a deal, Minerva." The woman was suddenly intrigued by the fairy's offer. It was unexpected and made this fight all the more thrilling. "If I win, you have to give Lector to me." The woman only chuckled and put her hand on her hip.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Bullshit. Rogue told me everything." Rin stared at her and it felt like she was talking to a pile of bricks; tough and brainless. "If you win, my life belongs to you." Minerva's brows shot up in excitement. She hadn't expected this girl to make such a risky wager, but now she was exhilarated.

"Very well," she fired up her own magic, the pressure becoming even more intense. Her magic glowed around her fists in milky orbs, her Territory Nihility. Rin matched her threat and covered her hands in her own magic. The two stared at each other for a moment, trying to gauge their power levels. Then, they charged.

Their fists met in the middle, their magic mingling in the worst way possible. While they were similar, they were dangerously different. A huge blast went off from the impact, sending a shockwave throughout the entire city of Crocus. They snarled at one another, seeing who would break first. Neither did, and they were instead open to each other.

The brunette took this opportunity to throw the woman back, finding it difficult due to Minerva' abnormal physical strength. However, the tiger woman backed down. Rin was quick to follow and tackled her to the ground, tearing up that nice, tight dress she always wore. The girl leaned over the woman, delivering punch after punch to the arms that blocked her face.

Suddenly, the two completely switched. Minerva was now on top punching at Rin who tried to shimmy her way out of it. She had no idea how this had come about but figured it was the woman's magic at play. Minerva was suddenly kicked back and forced to stand from her spot. The brunette rolled back and onto her feet, using her magic to throw bricks and rubble at the woman. But she had disappeared.

Minerva had now snuck up behind her and set off Territory Explosions, following Rin as she tried to escape them even though she was quite literally surrounded by them. Finally, she used her Telekinetic Dragon Slaying Magic to block them off and bring them to a stop completely. With herself trapped in a box of her own magic, Rin glared up at Minerva with amusement lacing her irises.

"Where was this strength the other night?" Minerva simply grinned at her. "Did you want me to think you were weak or something?" Minerva shifted her weight onto her hip, leering at the brunette who let down her guard. "What, cat got your tongue?"

"Sabertooth doesn't attack people out of anger."

"That's rich coming from you after what you did to Lucy." Her magic swelled up again as did the woman's. "Don't worry. Even at full strength you're still weak." The confident smirk that had been present on Minerva's face was quickly wiped off as she scowled at Rin's words.

"You pretentious girl!" Her hands began swirling in a circular motion around her body. "Niel Wielg Mion Terse Elcantaeus: Yagdo Rigora!" A yellow light consumed the entire area, tearing up the terrain and every structure in its path. Rin covered her eyes from the light and felt even her clothes start tearing apart. As the light dimmed, Minerva was left grinning once again as she stared at Rin whose creamy skin was displayed through her shredded attire. She chuckled at the girl being so exposed for once.

"The hell are you laughing at?"

"Just enjoying the show you're putting on." Rin scoffed and then smiled kindly at the woman.

"Guess I should get ready to draw the curtains, then." The woman was unnerved by her smile and took a small step back. Meanwhile, Rin's magic power grew exponentially to a power level that could make her a god. "Second Origin: Release!"

A massive blast went off, surrounding the entire town in a white light. Everyone, including the people in the arena, could feel Rin's presence take over. It was like she was one with the air because of how much magic she had. Dust clouded the entire area, completely blinding Minerva of her surroundings. She tried her best to determine her opponent's location and movements through her magic and sound, but there was nothing. It was like Rin's presence had completely disappeared.

And when the dust cleared, she was already fucked. Her eyes widened and she froze in fear, already knowing that this fight was over. Rin stood serenely with her three eyes open and glowing and her hands held the Shakti Mudra in the woman's direction. Minerva gasped as the magic took a hold of her and froze her in place. She couldn't move a muscle, unable to even blink.

Rin's power began flowing in her veins, taking a hold of every cell in her body putting her under the girl's complete control. Even her hair was stuck under the brunette's grasp. She began to tremble just like the MPF had on the third day. She could feel it destroying her from the inside out. Is she really gonna kill me?

The brunette stared lifelessly at Minerva, weighing her options out in her head. Either she could complete the spell and put an end to the woman's treachery, or she could let her off with another warning which was a little more PG rated for the festival. She decided on the latter once she noticed that the tiger woman had begun to cough up blood.

Rin suddenly dropped her magic, letting the woman drop to the floor and continue to cough up her sign of defeat. Fairy Tail was granted five points for the defeat of Sabertooth's team leader and the brunette took this opportunity to speak one on one with Minerva now that she was quiet.

The woman began to cry as the fairy woman looked down on her, squatting to come closer to her prey. "Listen closely, Minerva. This is your final warning. Next time," her eyes gleamed with bloodlust; something she had never truly shown before. "I'll follow through with it." The tiger woman grit her teeth, knowing that she owed the girl something in return for her defeat. A little bubble of magic appeared and out of it fell a brown Exceed.

Lector plopped onto the floor and didn't even have a chance to rub his eyes to clear his vision before arms wrapped tightly around his small body and he was pulled close to someone's chest. Rin coddled the cat, clutching him tightly in fear that he'd disappear again. Meanwhile, he looked up at her in confusion as to why she was close to tears.

"Rin-san...?"

"God, I was so worried..." Rin nuzzled her face into his fur, placing a soft kiss on the top of his head.

"You were?" His wide eyes scanned her face, trying to figure her out. "About me?"

"Of course! She didn't hurt you, did she?" Lector shook his head, reveling in the warmth of her hug. "Good," she stood up and began walking God-knows-where. "Sting is gonna be so happy. We've missed you a lot, you know?"

Rin noticed him slowly lulling to sleep, so she changed her hold on him so that he was cradled like a baby. "You've been through a lot, Lector... Go ahead and rest, okay?"