XXXIII

"Welcome to Balsam Village! I hope your travels were safe and pleasant!" Rin and Sting stood in the lobby of a luxurious inn that they would be residing in during their job. It was mid-afternoon and the two had just entered town with their exceeds in tow.

"It was a leisurely walk," Rin commented. Before them stood the owner of the luxury resort who actually happened to be their client for their job.

"Here are keys to your room," he said, passing Sting a keychain. "I hope one bed is alright."

"It's perfect." The blonde gave his girlfriend a small smile which she returned before refocusing on the small, skinny man at the front desk.

"Wonderful. I'll let you two settle in and then I'll give you the rundown of the job upon your return."

"Actually," Rin intervened. "Could we get the details right away? We'd like to not waste any time." Sting took a small gulp. He had seen the woman both angry and stern before, but she had a different tone of seriousness right now. She had a completely different demeanor when it came to real work that he'd forgotten that the Grand Magic Games were no more than a fun festival for her. This was real business.

"I have a group of regulars that spend a few days at a time here, but every time they leave, I seem to notice that valuables are missing around the resort. I need you to confirm my suspicions and deal with them for me. And if I'm wrong, then you shall still receive your reward." The brunette nodded at him with her lips pursed. "They just checked in yesterday. I've located you two floors directly below them."

"Perfect. We'll get right to work, then." Rin slid her hand into Sting's and pulled him along toward the stairs. Their room was on the second floor of the establishment right in the center of the long hallway. The exceeds were the first to pad into the room followed by the adults who tossed their belongings near the desk on the side wall. The male waddled toward the bed before falling into it face-first. Rin watched on as he lay motionless, all of his muscles relaxing into the plush comforter.

She meagerly crawled onto the bed beside him and began running her nails against the skin of his back. "Tired already?" She leaned against one of her hips, her legs curling up beneath her. The blonde leaned into her touch and went as far as to move his head to lay on her pillowy thighs. He nodded against her, his hair tickling her skin.

Rin's other hand came up to run her fingers through his hair. "You can rest for a bit if you want. We're not in any rush."

"I thought you said we didn't want to waste any time," he mumbled.

"I just didn't wanna have to go back downstairs." Sting huffed a laugh and wrapped his arms around her as best he could. "This resort is known for its hot springs. I've heard people leave feeling rejuvenated and happy." She snorted. "Who knew a glorified bath could do all that?"

"I'll go later." She smiled down at him even though he couldn't see. He was such a big baby but it was adorable. She just wanted to squish him tight and never let go. Her fingers continued her ministrations along his body. Rin could feel the tension leave his body with each drag of her fingertips.

"I'm gonna go wash up, okay?" Sting didn't respond but tightened his grip on her which made the female giggle. "Want me to bring you food when I come back?" The blonde nodded, reluctantly letting her go. Rin moved off the bed and straightened out her attire.

"Be careful." The brunette spun back to find him now looking at her from his spot on the bed. "You're still low on magic, so I don't want you getting in any trouble when I'm not there." The woman's purple eyes softened as she bent down to his level. Sting lifted his head up for a kiss goodbye and felt the corners of his lips tilt up as she smiled into it.