XV

"What are you doing here?" Laxus' dark eyes slid over to the blonde male from Sabertooth who leaned against the wall of Bar Sun. His eyes were cast downward and he didn't show off his normal cocky attitude. He seemed nervous.

"Is Rin here?" Laxus sighed and looked down the street.

"What do you want from her?" Sting continued to stare at the cobblestone road. This was a waste of time. Even if she was here, he knew that they'd never let him talk to her. Not that she'd want to, either.

Sting pushed himself off the wall.

"I just wanted to apologize for earlier. It's okay, though. I'm sure I'll see her tomorrow." He took a few retreating steps before the older male spoke up.

"Not very cool of you to just walk off like that." Sting stopped moving. Laxus was right, but could he really face her right now after all that he'd said and done? "Wait here," the older man grumbled. He turned around and began to step back into the bar, but stopped right under the doorway. "If I ever hear you say something so disrespectful again, I'll crush you myself."

Sting remained silent as the man disappeared. He heard that Laxus had defeated an entire guild by himself... He wasn't about to mess with someone like that. He got lost in his train of thought, trying to figure out what he would possibly say to her.

Meanwhile, Laxus snatched Rin's stein from her hands, dropping it on the table and grabbing her by the back of her shirt like a dog would to their pup. Rin fought against him as much as she could in her tipsy state, but failed against the man's stature. Leese scoffed at the two, giving up on trying to make sense of what happened when she was around.

"Let me go," she yelled at the blonde. He continued to drag her without a word because he knew she would refuse if he said anything about Sting. "Laxus!"

"Go on," he opened the door and tossed her outside, "stay out." Rin stumbled and barely caught her fall.

"I have a concussion, asshole!" Laxus slammed the door shut, locking it from the inside and keeping her from reentering. She gaped at the wooden barrier that he had literally slammed in her face. "Hey, Laxus!" She began pounding on the door to be let back in, finally noticing the presence beside her. "Let me in! What about my beer? You can't do this!" Her forehead met the door and her pounding ceased. "Please."

Sting watched as she gave up but never once acknowledged him. She wanted to cry. How could Laxus bring her out here with this guy when he knew what he had said to her? She slammed her fist on the door one more time, startling the man beside her. "What the hell do you want?" Though she tried to be angry, the alcohol betrayed her and she only sounded hurt.

Sting cleared his throat and stood up straight.

"I need to talk to you." She didn't respond, leaving him room to speak. "How are you feeling?"

Violet eyes suddenly glared at him.

"Dandy," she snarled. Sting took a deep breath, noticing that the tension was only getting worse. He cleared his throat before stepping toward her.

"Listen, I―uh..." He scratched the back of his head. "I'm sorry. For today." Rin continued to glare at him, not making a sound. "What I said was completely out of line and I regret it. I didn't mean anything and I wish I could take it bac―"

"Bullshit," she muttered. "Bullshit! No one says those kinds of things and doesn't mean it!" Her eyes began to water. She was scared that she'd start crying again if he kept talking. Sting's eyes softened as he watched her composure break. He stepped closer to her, trying to calm the situation, but she took a hesitant step back and halted his advance.