XXVI

Rin swiftly landed behind Wendy, refusing to make the same mistake twice. Now that she was out of the dragon's reach, she beckoned Leese to fly into her arms where she was safe. The two embraced, both shaking from whatever it was they had just witnessed. Though the two were grateful for whatever miracle it was that had given them a second chance, everyone around them all looked toward the brunette, only remembering her magic swallowing them up whole.

However, they all knew that she wasn't capable of harming her comrades. Still, it was shocking to know that she really could wipe out an entire town in seconds, even if it meant sacrificing herself.

"Leese." The Exceed looked up at her best friend. "I need you to stay with the Princess where you're safe, okay?" Rin released her from her hold and nudged her in the direction of the green-haired woman. Leese nodded and watched as her best friend took the frontlines once again.

Rin requipped into a bodysuit that left both her arms and legs to the elements along with an open back for her wings to spread. All of her limbs turned as black as ink and became covered in sharp scales that even ran up her neck and around her jaw. Her forehead was now adorned with spiraling black horns and her canines had enlarged more than usual. Long, black claws emerged from her fingertips and her wingspan stretched wide.

Though she was not uncomfortable with the feeling, the sensation of taking on the full body of a dragon made her bones shiver. Rin looked up at Zirconis with thin, reptilian-like eyes that glowed under the moonlight. She lowered down into a sprinting stance that would help her gain the most power to shoot off. "I'm not gonna make anymore mistakes."

Without a reply from the dragon, she shot off, moving so fast that the recoil of his body couldn't keep up with how fast she was hitting him. Cracking filled the air as she busted up the armor of his skin, making him vulnerable to more of her attacks. With speed and power combined, he was no match for her.

She flew up and around him, bringing her fist up under his jaw and sending him falling on his back. With his underside exposed, she landed one more punch in his chest to solidify him to the ground. "Telekinetic Dragon's Fist: Ricochet!" Dust collected in the air around his body. Zirconis groaned and wiggled as he tried to get back on his feet. However, her magic kept him pinned down while she landed right upon his chest.

Rin listened closely for the sound of his beating heart. And once she had it locked on, she took back to the air and breathed in as much of her magic as she could. "Telekinetic Dragon's Roar!" Zirconis yelled in pain as the force of her power literally began to break his ribs, slowly pushing it way through his skin and muscle in order to reach his heart. Though the girl could feel herself getting lightheaded, she wasn't gonna stop until it was over.

Wendy and Lucy looked away as her magic finally breached the dragon's chest, completely obliterating his heart and making his entire body go limp.

Rin finally dropped to her feet, her scales and wings crumbling away as she panted for breath. She looked down at her work, feeling pride in successfully killing a dragon. However, she knew the fight wasn't over yet. Just as she jumped down and took a step away, she hear Lucy call out to her.

"Rin!" She turned to look back at her comrades. "Where are you going?"

"There's something I need to do." With that, she left them behind with the dragon's corpse, making her way onto the roof of a building to try and look over the destruction of the city. "Masumi," she called. "I understand why you showed me that vision now."

"Do you?"

"Yeah. I felt it after that dream. The power I possessed... I can do it."

"Are you sure you know what you're getting yourself into?" Rin smirked to herself.