Rising Tension and Reckless Actions

Our siblings quickly filled us in with the grandfather paradox theory they believed to be causing the missing things

Our siblings quickly filled us in with the grandfather paradox theory they believed to be causing the missing things. They also informed us about Claire not existing in this timeline. Luther had finished explaining what he experienced with the disappearing people. Apparently they were there one minute and a wave went through the city and suddenly some of them were gone. Sometime during a Luther's explanation, Diego left with his kid to scold him.

"So, all the people on the street disappeared?" Allison held a bottle of liquor in her hands.

"Well, no, not all them, just...half." Luther stated.

"Five did say animals were disappearing." Vanya noted.

"Well, now it's definitely people." Luther pointed out.

"Marcus was supposed to meet up with us earlier," Vanya looked at Allison, "but he never showed."

"So...he disappeared like the park people?" I furrowed my brows.

"What, you think this grandfather thing ate Marcus?" Luther questioned.

"If so...maybe he was one of the first people to disappear. The Sparrows kidnapped us in the morning and you," I looked at Luther, "saw the people disappear not that long ago."

"It can't just be a coincidence, right?" Vanya shrugged.

"Great." Allison sighed with a shake of her head. "Now those Sparrow psychopaths think we took their Number One. We're never getting the briefcase back."

"I wouldn't really call them psychopaths. I mean, do you blame them? They don't know the truth and it does kind of point to us since they saw Vanya speak with Marcus last." I gave a pointed look to Vanya. "We would react the same way, maybe worse to be honest."

"It's, uh, actually Victor. I'm going by Victor now." Victor sheepishly corrected.

"Oh." I gave him a nod and a smile. "Thank you for telling us."

"Okay, what if," Victor took a few steps forward, "what if we just told the truth?"

"I agree. Let them know what's going on. Maybe they can help too." I agreed with Victor.

Allison rolled her eyes and brought her glass to her lips.

"Marcus is gone, and maybe we're partially responsible." Victor continued.

"Yeah, that would go well. They'll throw us a party." Allison sarcastically stated with a frown.

"I bet they throw fantastic parties." Luther took a sip from his drink.

"Listen, Marcus was ready to give us back the briefcase. If the rest of his family are been half as open-minded, you know, maybe we can come to some kind of an agreement, get it back." Victor suggested.

"I'm not too sure about them believing us that quickly." I frowned. "They saw Marcus last with you. They want their brother back, so unless we have proof of what happened, then things won't  go smoothly."