A Hargreeves Wedding

Ben was waiting for me downstairs with a scowl

Ben was waiting for me downstairs with a scowl. His hands were in his pockets as he leaned against the pillar. I walked over to him and placed a hand on his arm.

"You okay?" I asked softly.

"You're brother is having a bachelor party later." Ben pouted.

"They didn't invite you?" I frowned as I took in his expression. My brows creased together. "What did you do, Hotshot?"

"Me?" Ben quirked a brow. "Nothing. I did nothing. They just didn't invite me."

"If you want to go, I can go-"

"No." Ben shook his head. "I appreciate the thought, but no."

"I swear, if this is all some prideful shit thing going on, I'm punching someone."

"It's not fully a prideful thing, promise. Besides, what did my sister want to talk to you about?" Ben slipped his hand into mine.

"She asked me to be one of her bridesmaids." I beamed, swaying on my toes. "I'm excited. I've never been a bridesmaid."

"You'll be a great one." Ben leaned down to press his lips against my forehead.

"Tamela!" Sloane quickly walked over to us. I turned to face her with a questioning look. "Can you help me with my dress and veil?"

"Of course I can." I nodded.

"Are you taking her from me again?" Ben sighed, his shoulder dropping.

"Yes." Sloane grabbed my free hand and dragged me away from Ben.

"Sloane!" Ben whined, reaching out for me.

"I need her, Ben. You can survive without her." Sloane laughed.

"Bye!" I gave Ben a teasing smile and a wave.

〰️

"Okay, so I already started on the dress. The fabric is already cut out and everything. I just need to sow it together and add the finishing touches." Sloane turned to me as she laid the white satin fabric on the bed. She had chosen a random room to design the dress. She placed white tulle next to it. "I wasn't originally going to have a veil, because I wouldn't have time to make it. But, you said you had experience and-"

"Yeah, I got it." I gave her a nod as a smile. Pursing my lips together and I thought of all the different lengths and designs I could do with the veil. "Okay, do you want it simple or do you want something in it like pearls or glitter?"

"Pearls would be lovely." Sloane beamed.

"I was kinda thinking you would say that. Headband or clip?" I asked.

"Headband and can you have the length." Sloane let out a shriek of happiness. "I can't believe I'm getting married today."

I released a chuckle and grabbed the things I needed. Going to the opposite side of the bed, I laid everything out. I grabbed a chair and brought it closer to the bed.  We worked quietly as we concentrated on making the veil and dress. A few hours had flown by as the final pieces started to slowly come together. It wasn't long until I sowed the last pearl into the veil.