The Death of Two Brothers

I heard a horrified scream echo throughout the hotel

I heard a horrified scream echo throughout the hotel. Fear flooded my senses as I ran toward it. Entering the Buffalo suite, I saw Sloane crying over Luther. She had him placed on her lap with red blood stains on her trembling hands. A large puddle of crimson blood stood out on the stark white rug.

"Oh God." I choked, stumbling toward my dead brother. My eyes started to water. I fell on my knees as I examined the wound. It was a large slash on his chest. Deep. Dark red was pooled in the open wound. "No, no. Luther, come on."

"What..." Allison froze behind me. She quickly knelt next to me as she felt for a pulse. "Luther, no. No, he can't be dead."

"He's dead." Sloane sobbed as she looked up at me. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. "My husband is dead."

Allison stumbled away from us. Her hands were stained red. She sat against the wall staring at Luther. Lila and Diego came in. They only stared in shock as they drew closer to the wall. Klaus entered the room right after and froze. I swallowed back tears as I sat down. Someone gently placed their hands on my elbows and helped me stand up.

"Come on." Ben gently said as he took me away.

"But Luther..." I glanced back at Luther to see something odd. I froze in my steps. Deeper in the wound appeared to be a uneven, jagged  entrance injury. As if he was stabbed with a serrated knife or sword of sorts. "Wait...this doesn't make sense. Why-what?"

"Sweetheart, look at me." Ben cupped my face and gently turned me to face him. My eyes left Luther's deadly wounds. "Take deep breaths with me."

"Somethings not adding up." I shook my head as I started to talk faster. Why was there a stab wound and a slash wound in the same area? It seemed personal instead of an act of offense. "We're missing something. I-"

"Deep breaths, okay?" Ben tried to take my focus off of my dead brother.

"Oh my God, Luther." Viktor and Five entered the room.

"What happened?" Five asked.

"He went to go get ice. I couldn't- he didn't come back." Sloane explained through tears. She choked on a sob. "I...I don't know."

Sloane trailed off as she started to weep. Klaus' eyes watered, his gaze not leaving Luther.

"It must have been him." Lila nodded towards the cracked open door. I followed her gaze. It was a secret passage way. "The guardian."

"She's right. Whatever did this had a long curved blade." Diego took a step forward and knelt next to Luther.

"You sure it's a curved blade? I don't think so." I shook my head. That's can't be true. Somethings missing. We're missing something. This had to be a personal attack. I doubt the guardian would open the door now if it hasn't yet. "Why would the guardian attack now when it hasn't come out to this side yet? Why now?"