A Walk Couldn't Hurt

The tires of Diego's car squealed to a stop

The tires of Diego's car squealed to a stop. My eyes were fluttering open as I started to wake up. Klaus was in the front seat, while Five and Diego were in the back. I was sat in between the two with my head thrown back against the seat. Allison was sprawled on top of our legs, Diego's shoulder holding her head. Luther quickly parked the car. Everyone climbed out of the car.

"Come on! Let's go!" Five yelled as he ran to open the gate and door.

Diego handed Allison over to Luther. I winced as Klaus gently pushed me towards Diego. He helped me stand as my feet touched the wet pavement.

"I don't think she's breathing." Luther held Allison into his arms.  He quickly bounded up the steps to the house.

"Hey, can you walk?" Diego asked me.

"I don't know." I uttered.

My head like it was stuffed with air and I had little strength. Swallowing, I moved my good leg first. Klaus and Diego had their arms held out towards me to catch me in case I fell. When I moved my injured leg, my knee locked and I collapsed.

"Alright." Diego and Klaus caught me before I could touch the ground. "I'll just carry you in."

"Probably the best idea." I tried to keep my eyes open. Diego scooped me up and carried me inside. I had my arms crossed the entire way to the medical room. Klaus walked behind us quietly. "Allison's going to be okay."

"Yeah." Klaus muttered. He licked his lips, sending me a worried look. "How are you feeling?"

"A little bit lightheaded to be honest, but I'm sure that's due to blood loss." I gave him a soft smile. "Once I'm stitched up, I'll be fine."

"We brought in a table," Five waited at the door for us, "Mom is tending to Allison right now."

Diego placed me on the table next to Allison. There were medical tools and an IV bag on a stand ready for me. I looked at the rags tied around my wounds. They were a dark red, the previous color gone.

"Alright, I'm going to prep you." Mom quickly walked over to me. She got the needle for the IV and poked my vein on my hand. "How's your pain?"

"A nine." I winced as she started to unwrap the rag around my thigh.

"The bullet is out?" Mom asked as she grabbed a roll of gauze. She wrapped it tightly around my thigh. "This is just for now. Okay?"

"Yeah, but I think I still have a bullet in my stomach." I laid down on the table.

"There's a bullet in there, alright." Mom checked the wound in my stomach with a frown. "Someone's going to have to remove it while I work on Allison."

"I'll do it." Five stated. "I've done it multiple times on myself, and well I owe you one from last time."

"I just cleaned your wound." I rolled my eyes. "But thank you."