Reunion

Flashes of blue light swam in my vision

Flashes of blue light swam in my vision. I was back in my house in Puerto Rico, laying on the sprawled our blankets in the corner of my room. The doorknob jiggled as someone unlocked it. I brought my knees closer to my chest. The door swung open to reveal my birth mother with priests and nuns behind her.

"There's the demon." She gritted out. "Get rid of it."

"¡Mamá, por favor, no! No hice nada malo. ¡Lo prometo! Mamá." I sobbed, my back hitting the wall.

"We'll make it quick." One of the nuns kindly told me with an American accent. "We're just trying to help you."

"No hice nada malo." I repeated.

"If all else fails, get rid of her. I don't want her." My birth mother walked out of the room leaving me alone with strangers.

Hours later of prayers and holy water, nothing changed. Instead, a man dressed in a three piece suit and a monocle came into the room. He walked towards me.

"Do you know what you can do?" The man asked. I looked up at him and nodded. "Do you know why you can do it? Or what else you can do with these powers?"

"P-powers?" I blinked up at him.

"Yes, child, powers." The man said in a clipped tone. "Now get up. We're leaving."

"Leaving?" I slowly stood up.

"Yes, you're joining the Umbrella Academy."

A flash of blue changed the scene.

"Ben, wait for me!" My fist punched someone in the temple. They automatically collapsed. Everyone else was fighting, too busy to go after the one that was escaping. "Ben!"

"I have to go now if we want to catch him!" Ben shook his head.

"Ben! Wait for one of us!" Luther told him.

"I have to go now."

He gave me a small nod before sprinting after the bad guy. I called after him before a lead pipe was swung at my stomach. I groaned in pain as the air was knocked out of me, stumbling backwards. The man advanced, twirling the pipe in his hands. I took a deep breath in and willed for the man's shadow to grabbed a hold of the pipe.

The shadow hit the man in the stomach and then his head. My hold on the shadows vanished. The man fell unconscious. I felt lightheaded from using my powers while I was hit. I stumbled after Ben, placing my hand on the wall to steadying me. I called after him. I wasn't getting a response.

"Ben! Where the hell are you?" I grumbled under my breath.

A few yard ahead of me, I saw Ben struggling with his opponent. He was bleeding at the temple and had a busted lip. His tentacles were started to come out of his chest when I spotted something. A flash of silver.