Quality Time

We gave Viktor an hour and a half at the most to get Harlan

We gave Viktor an hour and a half at the most to get Harlan. I sat at the bar, drumming my fingers anxiously on the counter. Five, Klaus and Luther were with me. Diego was with Lila and Stanley working out family stuff. Allison hadn't shown her face. By the angry and hurt expression Luther wore it was because of something she had done.

Viktor was late.

"He better not flake." I uttered, my eyes drifting over my shoulder to look for Viktor.

"I hope he doesn't." Luther crossed his arms.

Viktor appeared to be walking to the front doors of the hotel. Harlan wasn't with him. I scoffed at the audacity of him trying to go past us. Five snapped his head toward him, taking a few steps forward.

"Hey." Five called out, causing Viktor to look our way and stop in his tracks. Luther stepped next to Five. "It's time. Where's Harlan?"

"Viktor, what did you do?" I got out of my seat.

"He's gone." Viktor said.

"What?" I hissed, clenching my hand into a fist.

"You let him go, didn't you?" Luther already new the answer.

"Harlan's death is not going to stop the Kugelblitz." Viktor shook his head.  Five bit his lip to hold back a comment, looking away from our brother. "It's just gonna be another tragedy on a tragedy."

"We don't know if they're going to kill Harlan." I told Viktor.

"Ben seemed very vengeful to me." Viktor shot me a glare.

"Wouldn't you?" I raised a brow. "If one of us was killed, wouldn't you want vengeance? But being vengeful doesn't mean killing. They could just want him for intel. We barely know anything about him besides him being the kid from Dallas."

Viktor went to open his mouth but I quickly shot him down.

"Harlan is a grown ass adult. He's no longer a little kid, Viktor. Everyone needs to know how to handle and respond to the consequences of their actions. We learned that the hard way."

"We can find...I can find another way." Viktor suggested stubbornly.

I shook my head. Five turned his back to Viktor. He placed his arm on the table near him. Some time during the talk, Klaus sat on the bar counter with his shoes off.

"You didn't hear a word I said." I sighed, my shoulder slumping.

"Well, congratulations, Viktor." Luther breathed out a chuckle. "You managed to destroy everything. Again."

Viktor stayed quiet. He averted his gaze to the floor. Luther scoffed and walked away from the group. He headed to the front doors of the hotel.

"I really thought you were smarter than that." Five looked over at Viktor.