Prologue

Three months. Three months since everything changed. Three months since she lost her chosen family. Three months since she said yes to a promotion that she wanted. Three months, a long three months of her team not obeying orders on call outs, not giving her the chance to show them that she I right for the job. A job she knows she can succeed in.

Three months of back talk. Three months of mistakes that could've caused lives. Three months of trying to do the right thing by her team. Three months of being excluded from after shift drinks. Three months of being ignored. Three months of isolation. Three months of overhearing how she is a failing the station. Three months of wondering if it came down to it would her team leave her because of this so called betrayal. Three months of a promotion she wanted and fought for and won. Three months of being alone.

She's not really alone though is she. Nope, she has her self care days, or have they stopped because of a certain Italian doctor. A certain Italian doctor who comes with a 3 year old son.   These past three months have not only been challenging for the Olympian but some of the most rewarding.

Yes she is going through hell at work but after well if you told her team what she was up to they'd laugh in your face and say you have the wrong Maya Bishop. Their captain wouldn't be in a relationship never mind that that someone has a kid. Maya not only is against kids but is known for being "monogamy is for the weak Bishop".

Will her team accept her back into the 19 family? How will her relationship go with the Italian and her son? What's the relationship like with the little 3 year old?

First ever story, hope this is okay and suggestions are welcome. Don't know how long each chapter is gonna be but bare with me.