Chapter 4

It was the first shift back from the incident at the park. The team were in the beanery half way through the shift and Travis was slightly pacing up and down while cooking dinner in the kitchen still in his head about what had happened but mostly what he saw.

Meanwhile at the table Jack was going off about how Maya put him on bathroom duties as everyone knew he hated it. He came up with the conclusion that Maya knows he would've been the better captain so she's trying to immaculate him. When I reality Maya told Carina about what he said after she asked how the pregnant women was doing after being rescued from the fire. Carina replied that she's doing well just shook and had a little smoke inhalation.

Once the doctor heard what was said she had asked Maya what he like doing the least in the station to which the blonde replied cleaning bathrooms. At this Carina had what Maya could only describe as an evil smirk said have him do that until I get what he said out of my head. Maya just laughed and shook her head but who was she to defy her sexy Italian goddess of what she wanted. That and Maya couldn't say no to her.

As Jack was still pissed Vic happened to look over at Travis and called him to ask what was wrong but got know answer. This got the attention of the rest of the team and finally made jack shut up to which they were grateful for mostly Ben and Dean.

To get his attention Vic picked up her spoon and threw it a Travis' head.

"Jesus Victoria, what the hell are you doing?"

"Sorry but you weren't answering and you've been weird all day"

"I'm fine. I... I'm just thinking about uhh stuff. Yeah thinking about stuff."

"Oh yeah what stuff" ask Vic as she made her way over to the island and leaned on it teasing her best friend.

"Nothing it doesn't matter but dinner is pretty much ready so I'm gonna go get the captain."

"Why would you ask her to come up, she's no longer part of this family. She's just our boss" Andy scoffed

Letting out a sigh and now thinking about how no one knew that he had seen Maya the happiest he's ever seen her. How that she has been keeping the secret of probably the best thing that has happened to her from them because of the way she is being treated. They should be happy for her, happy that she has someone she loves who loves her back. Just thinking about all of this he starts to think about all the comments he's made and the guilt almost brings him to tears. "Well she still needs to eat. I'll be back... yeah I'll be right back" Travis stutters out.

"He's weirder than normal right, it's not just me" Vic questioned as she walked back to her seat.

"I don't know no more than normal" Dean shrugged.

Knocking on his captains door, hearing the "come in." When he first enters he can see she is filling out the last of the report from the call they had that morning. Still nervous he says "Cap uhh dinners made"

Maya looks up and smiles. A genuine smile, a smile he hasn't seen at the station for three nearly four months but saw at the park.

"Thank you Travis" he just gives her a smile back but before he can leave. " You know you don't have to be nervous around me because of what happened. Matteo is perfectly fine, well after some gelato and a movie day with snuggles" she lets out a chuckle as she makes her way round her desk.

"I am really sorry about that I.." cutting him off. "Travis is okay"

"I didn't ruin the day did I" He asked timidly

"No, well we were going to head to the beach after the park but like I said Matteo wanted to head home and have a movie day. So we went home built a fort has some gelato and had a lazy day which ended with pizza and a sleepover with me and Carina." The firefighter could see how different she was from well the old Maya. Her eyes were lighting up talking about the two Italians and she had a smile that just kept getting bigger the more she rambled on. That was something that Maya never done. Ramble.

"Glad I didn't ruin your day off then." He said with a smile.

"Right come on, Montgomery I'm hungry. What did you cook for us tonight?"

"Well let's go and see" he laughed at the eager blonde.

As they were making there way up the heard to team talking and what a surprise they were talking about Captain Maya Bishop. Travis glanced over at Maya as he saw her slow down and take a deep breath. He made an internal decision to not mention it and quickly made their presence know.

"Right we'll who's hungry" he walked into the beanery capping his hands and rubbing them together which licking his lips "cause I am starving"

This was the first time Maya had really sat with the entire team for dinner mean since her promotion and to say it was awkward was an understatement. The last time she ended up saying she wasn't that hungry and that she had some paperwork to do and left. She knew she wasn't going to get away with that excuse this time however.

Maya didn't know how to feel she felt that although they didn't stop or say anything that Ben and Dean were on her side since she saw their faces a couple of times when the remarks and comments were made. They didn't agree with how she was being treated and tried to stand up for her but got shot down. Something about family and loyalty. With Travis, she wasn't stupid, she had heard the comments he made about her but with what happened a couple of days ago she knew he had her back and was accepting her as his captain.

Of course she was annoyed that for it to happen was Matteo getting knocked down by said firefighter but happy none the less. The three firefighters tried to make conversation trying to include Maya as well but when they couldn't think of anything else. Maya looked at them mouthed an 'it's okay' and a 'thank you' towards them and they finished their meal in silence.

Klaxon went off a few hours later. Everyone scrambling to get out of their beds.

It was a house fire.

Sirens blazing down the streets of Seattle towards the the quiet neighbourhood as the moon was shinning down on them.

"Uhhh what going on here Cap" Ben called as when they got the the address there was no signs of any fire. No smells of a gas leak. Nothing.

"Stay here 19" Maya called out. Walking up to the door just as she was about to knock a neighbour came out of his house and asked what was going on as no one lives in the house.

Maya then proceeded to question the neighbour before dispatch called and said it was a false alarm and that kids were prank calling the fire department. That police were on their way to their location and they could head back to the station.

"Well nineteen you heard dispatch, let's head home" Maya took her helmet off and climbed in.

Andy's scoff didn't go unnoticed by anyone. Muttering under her breath throughout the ride back to the station. "Home, is isn't her home" "she's destroying our home"

Everyone heard but no one said anything until...

Climbing out of the truck back at the station Andy finally snapped...