Chapter 25

Bringing Maya out of her thoughts was the door opening to the apartment.

Carina was home.

"Hi belina" she she smiled putting her bag and coat away. She hadn't noticed Mayas state as of yet.

Making her way towards her Captain, Carina titled her head slightly to see Mayas face. "Oh bambina what's wrong?" she went to sit beside her but before she could Maya grabbed her by the waist and guided her on top of her so she was straddling the blonde.

Maya put her head in the brunette's neck and melted, for the first time since she opened the door for Andy she felt at peace. "How was work" she asked after a few minutes of being in Carinas embrace remembering the text message from earlier.

Maya leaned back in the sofa, still with Carina on top of her. Carina groaned leaning forward and put her head on Mayas chest muttering "tiring, I am so exhausted and I just want to sleep." Rubbing her hands up and down Carinas back letting her know she can keep going.

"First getting called in because of an uncompetent person"

"Incompetent" Carinas brows furrowed. Not only did Maya correct her at the beginning of her rant but also it was now that she noticed the blondes voice. It was back to being raspy.

"Bambina... your voice. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I... Andy's here."

"What!" Carinas back straightened as she looked around not seeing the lieutenant. The tiredness she was feeling lifting slightly.

"She's in the bathroom. Things were said and she went to there I think, she needed a breather" the way Maya spoke was with hardly any emotion it was like she was stating a fact.

"You shouted?" Carina questioned sensing that that was the reason for the raspiness of her girlfriends voice.

"I raised my voice and maybe shouted a little but couldn't help it. I know I shouldn't with my neck but she came over I may or may not have had a panic attack then we waited for Matteo to go for a nap before we started talking and yeah it was a lot and we haven't even scratched the surface yet" Maya looked down playing with the bottom of Carinas shirt.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling? What did you say? What has she said? Do you need anything? Wait where was Matteo when you had your panic attack?" Carinas brain was going so fast she was rattling off question after question not really taking in what she's asking.

"I'm okay. She's more of a mess than me at the moment I think." She shrugged "Matteo went to wash his hands or something I can't remember after I got the door. He didn't see, thankfully. He did push Andy away from me when he came back after he seen my face. You know the way I go, my face gets all red, slightly pale and tears threatening to fall or falling. So yeah he saw me, looked at Andy then went up and pushed her away from me and shouted at her.  It's was kinda funny now that I think about" she chuckled. Still not looking Carina in the eye and playing with her shirt.

"Maya.." Carina reached to Mayas chin and guided her so she could look in her eyes.

"She's still here we can talk more after she goes. But I need to stay in this or whatever head space this is to deal with her... this. Okay"

"Mmhhmm, but I am going to have my say after everything she did and say to you, oh this will be fun. You think she needed a breather after you wait until she faces me. I'm going to say everything you have stopped me saying for months." Carina moved to get up from Mayas lap with a smirk on her face. Maya being Maya and knowing her girlfriend and the Italian fire she has and the fact that she has had to stop Carina in the past, multiple times from going down to the station. A couple of times she's had to physically stop her but putting herself in the middle of carina and the door, grabbing the keys and throwing them to the other side of the room.