Chapter 14

It's been just over two weeks since Maya had taken Matteo to the station.

A couple of things have changed. Changed for the better sure you could say that. However is did get Maya pissed off at the reason. Well the reason that she thinks is for the change.

She's ranted a couple of times to Carina, she's talked to Diane her therapist, that she has been seeing. It used to be every week now it's every two to three weeks. Maya has also been running a little bit more particularly after shifts. No matter how long or stressful they might be, the minute Maya walked through the door she'd take her running shoes and head out for a run.

That has gotten her in trouble with Carina on numerous occasions. The first is that she isn't resting her body properly. The second is that she completely ignores what's around her when she's home for those 30 seconds getting her shoes. It's like she has blinkers on and is blinded by what's around her.

This morning was one of those times that this happened. Carina and Matteo hadn't seen the blonde in a couple of days due to their shifts clashing, so they decided to surprise her at home. Maya and Carina had talked about moving in together, mostly due to the doctors at Grey Sloan asking when it's going to happen. It was starting to effect their relationship, so they talked about it one night after a steamy night the shared. They both agreed that it was too soon but also agreed to have keys to each other's apartment.

As the two Italians were waiting on the blonde they decided to make Carinas famous French toast. The next thing they knew they heard keys in the lock. Maya walked into her apartment not glancing not even noticing the two extra people in the kitchen. She walked straight to her room changed into her shoes and walked back out again.

Carina immediately noticed the change in her girlfriend the minute she saw her. Unfortunately little Matteo didn't know what was going on. When he called for her she didn't answer she walked right past him.

As the door closed again Matteo ran to his mama in tears. It took the doctor 10 minutes to calm him down and reassure him that his mommy loves him and that she just had a bad day at work.

Maya eventually came back home. When she got through the door an amazing smell hit it. She knew is was her girlfriends cooking. Seeing Matteo in the living room playing with his toys and since Carina had also been listening to her Italian music they didn't hear her come in.

Maya snuck into the kitchen and wrapped her arms around Carina and kissing her shoulder which resulted in a frightened Italian. Carina spun round "Jesus Maya don't do that you scared me"

"I'm sorry. When did you guys get here" the blonde leaned in for a kiss but as she was leaning in Carina leaned back and gave her a glare. "What, what happened? Did I do something wrong? I know I need a shower but can I know just have a little kiss?" Trying to give Carina her puppy dog eyes but she quickly realised that they weren't going to work. Taking a step back unwrapping her arms from around the clearly annoyed Italian "okay can you please tell me what's going on?"

"Oh I don't know Maya maybe because we hadn't seen you in a few days and thought we'd surprised you. We came here and in the middle of making breakfast you walk in completely ignoring not only me but Matteo who by the way was calling out for you he wanted to show you his new firetruck he got because he wanted to be like his mommy. But no you walked right past him and ran right back out again." Carina was angry anyone could see that but the fact that she was whisper yelling and moving her hands like crazy, which Maya had to block a couple of times, just proves how angry she really was.