Chapter 20

The Spaghetti dinner pt 4

There is a slight trigger warning in this chapter I will warn you just before it with                      ...TW...
There is also talk about Mayas past with abuse in the flashback.

Carina walked towards the table with a big bowl of spaghetti, just as she set it down she heard the baby monitor that Maya had go off. She could hear her little man's voice. She smiled slightly knowing he was awake however the smile didn't last too long as she could see Jack coming towards her. 'Fanculo, non può lasciarmi in pace?' She thought.

"You are probably looking forward to our spaghetti dinner tonight" Gibson came up beside her and spoke.

"Why is that" Carina responded with a slight attitude still wanting to be polite and not seem like a bitch.

"Well we are having spaghetti, spaghetti is a type of pasta, pasta is Italian food, your Italian, I'm sure it reminds you of home. Uhh food from your home." He was trying to lighten the mood and make a joke.

"I make Italian food all the time with my family" trying to get the hint across that she is unavailable and uninterested.

"Right I'm sure you do. I'm sure your a great cook." Jack pauses looking back at her, he decides to make a move and takes a step closer to her. "You know I could test my theory, and come over to yours and taste your amazing cooking."

Carina didn't register the last part of what he said as she saw Ben with her son in his arms still very much in a sleepy state.

The team along with the doctors were watching the the two so they didn't see Ben with the little Italian.

Amelia and Teddy had a bet going on who was going to blow up first. Maya or Carina. Would Carina tell them that she's dating their captain or would Maya shout at her firefighter to leave the doctor alone and that Carina was in fact her girlfriend.

Miranda was just watching along with an amused face, for once the drama was not in her hospital and she could enjoy it.

Dearborn gave Jack a glare however decided herself that if by the end of the night if he didn't get anywhere with her she'd go after the doctor once again.

Matteo spotted Carina and pointed to her and started squirming around in the firefighters arms, Ben understanding what he wanted and put him down. Still sleepy and not yet awake fully, Matteo wobbled a bit. It was now that everyone but Jack noticed Matteo.

"This is gonna be good" Amelia whispered to Teddy who nodded in agreement and sipped her wine, she wasn't on call after all.

"So what do you say" Jack asked

"Huh sorry what" Carina looked back at him. She had completely forgot about the lieutenant standing there asking her out, yet again.

"I said..."it was just then that Matteo reached carina, as he put his hands up silently asking for her to pick him up. As she reached down to pick her son up Jack stopped her.

"Uhh ohh" Teddy muttered.

"Sorry this is the captains kid she should really keep an eye out for him. I don't know how she got permission in the first place to bring him here without his mother. Don't know why she'd trust her with him she's not known to be good with kids. Probably pawned him off so she could work a little more"

"Oh shit, he did not just say that to about Maya to Carina" Amelia was about to throw hands but Miranda put a hand on her arm and stopped her from moving forward.

Matteo was getting fussy and Jack was holding him back from his mama he couldn't understand why he was keeping him from her. He started to cry and his crying was getting louder.