Chapter 9

It was the next morning. The family of three barely got any sleep. Anytime Matteo got to sleep he was tossing and turning, mostly he was awake and the two adults weren't going to leave him awake by himself. They tried everything. They put the tv on. They went for a drive. They tried singing. They took a walk inside and outside the apartment. The only thing they managed to do was get a few sips of water into the little Italian.

That's how the rest of the day went, and most of Sunday night. Maya and Carina agreed that the blonde would sleep in the spare room as she had a shift the next day. Fortunately Carina managed to get Matteo to sleep, taking the advantage she closed her eyes and was asleep in less than a minute. Matteo however woke up 5 minutes laters whimpering. He saw his mama but decided he wanted his mommy.

Climbing out of bed with his blanket and teddy bear he made his way to the the spare room. Crawling his way onto the bed he moved so he was lying on top of Maya.

Maya woke up when she felt the movement but didn't open her eyes "bubba you okay" she whispered.

"Want you mommy." He whimpered out. That's pretty much how he was the past two nights, only sleeping 5/10 15 minutes at most at one time.

Moving her arms around his little body, kissing his head. "I know bubba, I'm here. It's okay" feeling how hot he was she decided that he could use a cool shower to cool him down.

Maya was a little apprehensive about taking him, she's never done that before alone, without Carina. She took him in her arms and got up. "Mommy" "I know I know. Give me a minute bubs" she whispered still trying to stay in a sleepy state. Although she knew that would be impossible.

Making her way to Carinas room, seeing her asleep. Deciding to let her sleep, the mother and son duo headed to the bathroom. "Alright little man, shall we draw you a bath" she suggested. Matteo shook his head and clung onto her more.

In two minds about whether or not a shower would be okay. 'Ughh I'm being stupid he's my son' she thought. "Okay how about a shower?"

"With mommy" Matteo leaned back to look at the blondes face.

"Of course, with mommy" Setting Matteo on the bathroom counter turning the shower on and taking off both sets of pyjama's she lifted him back into her arms and got under the cool stream of water.

Hearing water running Carina started to stir, reaching over to pull Matteo into her not feeling him. She jolted up and ran to the where she heard the water running. Looking at the time on on the clock seeing it's only 4:30 way to early even for her girlfriend. She panicked Maya should be sleeping and Matteo wasn't in bed with her.

Stopping at the door hearing the love of her life whispering to her son. Moving so she could see them, Carina's heart just melted. Matteo was half asleep in the blondes arms who was swaying side to side with her head on the little Italians under the stream of cool water.

"Your mama and I love you so much. We love your cuddles, your kisses, hearing your laugh, seeing your brown eyes light up when you food."

"I don't know how but he got that from you Bella" Carina whispered interrupting their little moment not that they minded.

Matteo moved his head so he was facing his mama, still having his head on Mayas chest. "My mommy" Matteo yawned.

"That's right she's your mommy. Shall we get you dried off so you and your mommy can get back into bed?" Carina reached her hands out which Matteo reluctantly moved into not wanting to leave the warmth of his mommy.

'Thank you' Maya mouthed.

Dried, fresh new pyjamas on Matteo was in bed cuddled up with his mama. "Mommy, where's mommy?" He said as loud as he could before a coughing fit took over.