Chapter 17

Spaghetti dinner pt1

Pulling into the station Maya curses at herself she knows what's about to come. The ridicule from her team all because of the spaghetti dinner. Maya had suggested they get there early to set up just incase they had any call outs and they were late back and see a bunch of people and the station wasn't ready.

"So much for getting hear early I could of still had another what 30 minutes in bed. Oh my oh so cozy bed" Vic half joked from her seat at the reception desk. The rest of the team were either in the beanery or in the barn getting set up for the spaghetti dinner.

"I know I know I'm sorry. This morning just went. Let me change then I'll come out and help" Maya quickly spoke making her way into her bunk to change.

Vic got up and walked into the barn "well she's here that's something" she muttered as she went to help Travis grab a table.

"Maybe she had a busy morning are you forgetting that she has a 3year old at home." Travis questioned trying to stick up for his Captain.

"Dean has Pru and he still got here" the firefighter shot back.

"Are you forgetting that Dean has you and Jack staying with him to help."

"What about the kids other mom huh where was she. Wait why are sticking up for her? Don't think I've not noticed how you've changed"

"I've not changed Victoria I just woke up" and with that Travis dropped the table and walked out of the barn. Gaining the attention of his team mates.

"TRAVIS" he just ignored them and continued to walkout but unfortunately didn't get very far as he bumped into Maya.

"Sorry Captain" Maya could see the anger in his eyes.

"Are you okay Travis?"she questioned

Taking a deep breath "I'm fine Captain" after he spoke he walked back to the barn he knew she was calling the team down.

"Okay" she whispered "19 LINE UP" as the rest of the team came down from the beanery she watching make their way into the barn when one firefighter caught her eye. Looking a little confused she took her phone out and looked at her emails. Cutler was taking a sick day so they got a substitute in. Now it was Mayas turn to take a deep breath.

"Morning 19, I know you all know what today is we will be expecting the public around 4:30 onwards. This place is already looking good I see we only have a few more bits of preparation to do down here. How is everything in the kitchen looking?" The blonde asked no one in particular.

No one spoke up.

"Uhh hello how is everything looking in the kitchen 19?" Trying very hard not to roll her eyes.

"It's looking good Captain everything is prepared"

"Thank you Ben" they exchanged a smiles, Maya silently thanking Ben.

"Okay well as you can see Cutler isn't here today" as she said this she could've sworn she heard 'lucky bastard' being muttered under someone's breath but she just ignored it. "So for until further notice firefighter Dearborn will be working along side us."

As Maya continued on with her 'speach' about what today will be like and giving them their orders until the public arrives she couldn't help but feel eyes on her and they weren't the normal eyes she's been getting from her team. They were longing. Lustful even. Three guesses who they could be from.

For the first time in her life Maya felt disgusted being looked at in a lustful way. Only her smart beautiful sexy Italian Goddess can look at her that way. Only Carina can look at her that way. Shaking it off as she finished talking telling the team that she has some paperwork to do and if they need help with any of the set up to let her know.