Chapter 11

Walking her way to her office sighing knowing this is going to be a long day.

As she made her way into the bunk Matteo had just opened eyes. "Mommy cuddles pwease" he whimpered raising his arms to be lifted.

"Buddy let me get changed first okay"

"No mommy"

"Matteo please" seeing him play with his teddy's ears and holding his blanket closer. "Okay how about you go and sit in my chair huh? And you can be captain. You can be the big boss, the boss of the station. What do you think?" The blonde talked with so much enthusiasm it wouldn't surprise her if he gave her a look of 'what you doing'. Thankfully he agreed and took his comfort items and walked to the captains chair struggled climb up.

"Mommy help please". Seeing his bum in the air gripping onto the chair for dear life so he doesn't fall, Maya holds in a chuckle.

"Okay up you get. There you go all set. Now Captain Matteo can I get into my uniform now please." Maya stood at attention with her hand in a salute form.

Nodding and giggling at his mommy. "Yes you can"

"Thank you Captain" with a little salute she entered her bunk with a smile as she hasn't seen him with a smile on his face I'm a few days.

Hearing the door to her office open thinking it was Warren. "Hey Ben give me a second still changing." Not hearing a reply back she slipped on her shoes and made her way to Matteo.  "Well Warren what do you think of our new captain tod... oh hi.. Herrera. What can I do for you? Are you okay? Herrera. Andy. Andy?" Seeing Andy in shock she picked Matteo up who rested his head on the blondes shoulder. Walking up to her lieutenant tapping her shoulder. "Andy are you okay"

Snapping back to reality "oh yeah sorry I.. yeah no I'm good great even. I was wondering why you asked me to be in charge of calls today but I guess I got my answer" she nodded towards Matteo.

"Yeah we aren't feeling to good are we bubba. We have a high fever, a cough don't we."

"And sick mommy. I be throwing up" hearing the "mommy" word Andy's eyes went wide.

"Oh yes how could I forget we already had to have an outfit change haven't we" nodding slightly wrapping his arms around maya more hiding his face in her neck.

"Yeah so I guess you know now why I wasn't in yesterday. I couldn't leave this little one. Also are you okay with being Captain on calls. I know it's last minute. You wouldn't have to but I'm not leaving I'm him here without me. Andy, Andy please say something you are standing there like a dear in headlights and honesty it's kinda scaring me."

"You're a mommy?"

Smiling and nodding. "Yeah I am. Aren't I my little man."

"Mayas my mommy" as Andy was about to say something else Maya put a finger to her lips to signal Andy to be quiet. Swaying to her bunk lying the Italian down as he fell asleep.

"Okay we have about 10 minutes before he wakes up again so say what you have to say now asks questions, I'm giving you your free pass now so yeah go ahead" Maya said as she walked back behind her desk, still standing.

"I don't know where to start umm what... when did... how long have you been a mommy for?" The brunette asked still shocked by what she has just witnessed. Maya was holding a child, not just any child, a child that calls her mommy. It is her child. He is her son.

"Well officially since Saturday morning but unofficially since about 3 months ago just after I made captain and with his mama about 1 1/2 months before that I think." The captain smiled at the memories she has made with the Delucas. 

"Wow so not only are you in a relationship but you have a son too"

"Yeah I know shock right" Laughing slightly they both sat down. If was weird to Maya to finally talk about what she does off shift now but she knew she'd have to answer a few questions and it somewhat felt good.

"Yeah I wow, I actually came in to see if you were okay at first because well you never talk a day off and well you look like absolute shit right now. Did you sleep at all over the weekend." The Latina joked

"Wow thanks and language, Matteo could wake up any minute. But to answer your question no I have not slept not really maybe for a few hours. And considering everything I didn't want to be messing up on calls. So are you good with being Captain today. It would... jeez what is it with people interrupting me today" Maya groaned as she saw the caller id. "Shit it's the chief" looking back and forth from the phone and the bunk. Hearing Matteo whimpering. Not knowing what to do. Andy spoke up.

"Hey look I'll take over for Captain I'm good with it. While you deal with the chief I'll take Matteo okay?"

"Yes thank you umm he hasn't had much to eat this morning because he'll just throw it up but maybe try with a bit of dry toast or something. umm yeah he's also in and out of sleep keep him drinking, keep his bear and blanket on him at all times. If you need anything just come and get me"

"No problem Bishop, now answer that call" Andy joked walking out of the office with Matteo in her arms.

"Hey buddy, how are you feeling" Ben said as he seen Andy with Matteo. He gave a little wave. "Umm where's Maya?"

"The chief called when I was talking to her and I offered to take care of this one in the mean time. He isn't too well are you mojo"  they continued to walk up to the beanery talking.

"Oh I know his mommy and mama have been taken care of him all weekend. I guess you know now then"

"Yeah I still can't believe it"

"Can't believe what? Ohh who's is the kid. Heyy cutie. Andy who did you kidnap?" Vic came in nearly skipping.

Looking at Ben he gave a subtle shake of the head to not mention Maya.

"I'm just looking after him for a little while as his mommy is busy at the moment. Isn't that right" nodding his head he reached for a bit of French toast. He made a face.

"What is my French toast not nice Matteo" Travis questioned

Shaking his head "not as good as mamas"

The team burst into laughter from the shocked look on Travis' face.

"Wait Montgomery you know this little guy?" Gibson asked

"Yeah I do." Looking back at Matteo. "Do you remember me? From the park"

Nodding along "yeah you ran me over me with your bike"

Vic, Andy and Dean shout "WHAT?" Jack just looks at him.

"Uh yeah that was me"

Giggling "mommy shouted at you that day and mama was mad"

"Yeah she did and your mama is still mad at me for that" Travis muttered the last part.

"Right anyway let's get some food into the honorary firefighter of the day shall we" Warren spoke up laughing to himself knowing how the Italian OB can be.

Putting his head down on Andy's shoulder his little bit of energy that he had was gone. Andy rubbed his back feeling how hot he was, unfortunately not knowing when he had medicine last she couldn't do anything to help but give him some cold water. Which he took but only a few sips of, he did have a few bites of some French toast but still complaining it wasn't as good as his mamas.

The team sat around the table eating their breakfast making Matteo laugh and smile with jokes and funny stories. They were all so caught up that they didn't see Maya walking in. Matteo was the first to notice her. Wriggling down on the floor from Andy's lap. The team looked up confused as to where he was going. Seeing there captain they were even more confused but that turned into shock and utter disbelief when Matteo said...

"Mommy" He moved quickly over to his mommy raising his hands wanting to be picked up.