Chapter 7

What a shift, Maya didn't feel like she had sat down at all. It was call after call. First call was a for a restaurant a women caught her husband cheating and went crazy threw his scotch at him then a lighter which caught the table cloth on fire then spread like crazy. 

Second was an illegal fire pit in the park with drunk teenagers.

Third was a joint call with the police as a meth lab blew up. So they were call to put it out.

It was non stop. All she wanted to do was go to bed and crawl into Carinas arms wake up a few hours later with Matteo waking them up. She truly loved her little family. She had already messaged Carina saying that she didn't need to pick her up that she'll just make her way to her apartment instead of getting up early. Carina didn't mind either way however was happy to sleep in especially since she was off for the weekend as well as Maya.

They did however have a hospital charity event to attend on Saturday night but that was tomorrow's problem. The just wanted to enjoy their semi long weekend together.

Maya made her way out of the office towards the barn where she heard her team. "19" not getting a reply back mostly because everyone was so tired or that's what she hoped. "I know this was a tough shift but I just want to say great work. I'll see you on Monday"

"Hey Cap" Warren mumbled as he slowly walked to her. He was extremely tired.

"Yeah"

"You going tomorrow night? We have more of a laugh when you join us." He chuckled lightly.

"Yeah I'm going. Kinda have to" she jokingly rolled her eyes.

"Perfect. Then I'll see you tomorrow night then" with a nod they both started walking out.

"Hey Warren please tell me Miranda's picking you up?"  She questioned with worry through her voice. The man looked drunk walking, if you could call it walking, out of the barn.

"Oh yeah I'm leaving my car here. Not risking it, Miranda has already messaged saying she outside" just as he finished talking Maya saw the chief getting out bringing her husband in for a hug and kiss.

"See you tomorrow Warren, chief" giving them both a wave just as she was walking off she got grabbed by the wrist by Bailey.

"Nope Bishop. You're not driving or walking and running you are going to get in my car and we are dropping you off. I've heard about your shift from Ben here. Get in and don't even think about saying no. I will call that Italian of yours"

Maya knew all to well not to mess with Bailey so she just agreed but told them she's heading to Carinas place not her own.  Thanking them for dropping her off she quietly made her way through Carinas apartment first checking in on Matteo seeing him sound asleep with his teddy in his hands and his limbs all over the place. She closed his door and made her way to Carina, stripping off her clothes so she was just in her underwear she crawled into the Italians arms. Startling her awake a little.

"Bambina" Carina rasped out

"Sorry for waking you go back to sleep I just want to be in your arms" she mumbled not getting a reply back only Carinas arms tightening around her and with that they fell back asleep. At peace that they were together in each other's arms. Their home.

A few hours later Matteo starts to wake up. Sitting up his hands in little fists as he rubs his eyes. Grabbing his teddy bear he makes his way to his mamas room. As he reaches the hand he sees it's already opened a bit so he just pushes is open.

Still slightly sleepy he waddles over to his mama but his mama isn't what he sees. He sees Maya. Maya is cuddling up with his mama. A smile appearing on his face he climbs up on the bed and wriggles his way in between the couple. Once in the middle he lets out a satisfying sigh, closing his eyes and snuggles into them. Not noticing that he woke his mama. She smiles down are her little man and runs a finger over his cheek. He opens his eyes again.