~Chapter 6~

I saw Alex standing out by the door staring at me. I really tried not to look at him. What the hell did he want?, I knew he wasn't going to say sorry. He had too much of an ego and it would soon eat him alive. He just looked at me and left. I was worried about him, he had a strange look on his face. But again why should I care, it's not my fault I wasn't in the wrong.

I tried not to think about Alex, but he hadn't been in any of the classes. No one knew where he went to or why he ditched classes today, but I didn't really care.

......

School was over and Asher offered to drive me home since my mom was working late. We walked into the parking lot and into his car. His car was really nice, it had a really nice smell.

Asher's car

"Are you good", he asked looking concerned

"Are you good", he asked looking concerned. I was really hoping my emotions weren't showing on my face but I guess I was wrong. I was still thinking about him.

After a long pause, I reassured him I was okay. We arrived at my house. He was about to say something when I cut him off saying," thanks for dropping me off".

"You're welcome", he said giving me a hug. I entered my house, it was pretty lonely since my mom wasn't around. She would often work late so I was in a way used to it. I took a long shower and changed into something comfortable. I decided to just make a sandwich I didn't have quite the time to cook a whole meal.

Maybe I should just check up on him, I thought to myself but he remembering what he did blocked all my thoughts of doing that. I just watched any random show that the TV had to offer waiting for my mom to get back.

I heard a knock on the door, it was probably my mom."Hey sweetie", my mom said in a tired voice as soon as I opened the door. "Hey mom, are you okay", I said looking concerned. I knew she worked late but she hadn't been this tired. She looked very drained, her eyes were dull and her even though she had dark skin, it looked somehow dull and pale.

Yeah I'll be fine, I just need to close my eyes for a few minutes", she said with a little strain in her voice. I knew something was wrong but I didn't want to bother her, she would tell me when she was ready. I helped her up to her room and she changed. I helped her lay down, then I told her good night while planting a kiss on her forehead gently. I turned off the lights and went to my room, I was really worried about her.

It was already late at night, I was really tired. The thought of checking up on him crossed my mind but it really wasn't my place at this point. So I went to bed.

........

I got to school pretty late today, my Mom already left without me which is pretty weird. I think she's hiding something she never leaves this early but I'll just give her some space."Hey, uhm Mr Roberts is looking for you", Krysta said. I wasn't really talking to her and I have been avoiding her. "Uhm, okay",I said.

When I stepped in Mr Robertson's office, I saw him and I was met with his light brown eyes. He looked devilishly handsome, sometimes I wondered if he was real. My thoughts were interupted by Mr Robertson's voice. "Uhm Aaliyah, have a seat", he said. "O-kay", I mumbled. "So I brought you here to ask you an important question", he said looking. serious. Where was this going? "Uhm okay", I mumbled again. "My student over here, isn't really participating up to standards and I would really appreciate it if you took some time of yours to tutor him, only if you would agree to that?", He said. I looked over at Alex, his eyes emotionless as always. I didn't really know what to say right now especially after what happened with Alex. "What do you think Mr Lucas", he said looking over at Alex. Alex grinned then said, " can we get someone else?". Was he serious right now?! I thought to myself. I stood up then said," Mr Robertson, I'm sorry I would like to decline this offer".

"Please Aaliyah, you have to do this none of the Smart students in my class want to tutor him", Mr Robertson's said almost begging. I looked over at Alex, he had a stupid smirk on his face, God I really wanted to punch him in the face. "I'll do it", I said looking over at Mr Robertson with a reassuring look. I walked out, I didn't really want to do this. I knew it would be a bad idea but I don't really care it's just for a few weeks till the semester is over.