~Chapter 14~

_________________________________

~Aaliyah's POV~

I didn't mean to say what I said to Alex. I just had to, knowing the kind of person my Mom was. I knew she wouldn't accept Alex being my friend or even worse the guy I had a crush on.

"Who the hell was that".

"A friend".

"A freind?"

"Yeah he's a freind from school".

"He didn't seem like he was".

"Mom what are you talking about now".

"You know what I'm talking about that boy ain't look like he's a friend".

"Mom!"

"Don't Aaliyah, I can't believe you dating that  boy now, haven't I taught you anything?!"

"You can't keep doing this"

"You know ever since your father-".

"Mom stop, I'm tired of you using that as an excuse!"

"You know damn well it's not, we came to this country for a better life now you better not forget your old one. And I don't want to see you around him again"

"Mom!"

"What I already allowed those white girls you friends with, this I can't let you!"

I just got tired of arguing with my mom, it really never gets anywhere with her.

"And where do you think you're going to?", Mom said with a stern voice.

"Up to my room", I replied still walking up the stairs.
"To do what, talk to that boy?" She snapped questioning me.

"Mom you know damn well I'm-".

"Yeah you better not finish that sentence".

"I'm sorry".

"You better be".

'You better be', i mimicked her under my breath. I knew better than to actually mouth it to her hearing.

I was pacing back and forth around my room pondering on what to say to Alex. I mean he literally saved me and I didn't even give him a thank you.

I wasn't sure if my words hurt him earlier today but he did look a little down hearted from what I said but why should he, he was with Dalia after all.

~Next day~

I felt pretty anxious on my walk to school. I was anxious about the police and the people at school who were at the party.
I really didn't need to be arrested right now.

I was so nervous walking down the hallway, thankfully no one paid any attention to me, seems they didn't know.

"Hey girl", crystal greeted with a huge smile on her face.
"Uhm hey", I waved back too awkwardly because she probably wanted to talk about me ignoring her texts.

"You haven't been available what's wrong , I couldn't find you at the party?", she questioned looking worried.

"Look come with me", I said pulling her into the bathroom.
"What's wrong Aaliyah you're scaring me?"
"I was harassed at the party".
"What?!"
"Crystal", I reached out to her looking at her sobbing, I knew she felt really guilty for leaving me at the party.
"Who did it?", she said wiping away her tears.
"I don't know I couldn't see his face", I lied.
"He was masked?", she asked. I hated lying to her but I couldn't let her know I was involved in Levi's murder.
It still haunted me, replaying the scene in my head. I couldn't still understand how Alex could do that but funny enough I wasn't really scared of him.