~Chapter 16~

~Aaliyah's POV ~

It's been a week since the party and since I found out Alex lied again. I haven't really spoken to him. I did once and I told him I needed some time and space. He agreed but he's still been blowing up my phone everyday with texts.

He did tell me that he had to go with Dalia, I understand why but it still hurts my feelings that he couldn't tell me. The dance was in three days and I didn't have a dress. My mom was working over time to pay the bills. So I don't think asking her for money would be the best option.

I could just find something in my closet to wear or just not go at all. It was just a stupid dance anyways. I was sitting in my room bored as always. My mind trailed off to the blonde guy I met a week ago I did try looking him up but I don't know he's name. He seemed really nice.

I heard my text tone and I held my phone to check who it was, slightly hoping it wasn't Alex again.

Crystal~ Are you busy?

Me ~ No why?

Crystal~ Can we meet up?

Me~ yeah where?

Crystal~ The mall, I wanna go dress shopping

Me~ yeah sure I'll meet you there in the 20 minutes.

I changed out of my sweats putting on a black sleeveless crop top and a pair of light blue jeans with my converse shoes. I grabbed my phone and purse and headed out of my house.

———————————

"Aaliyah over here!", Crystal yelled from one of the stores in the mall. It was a dress store I did have my savings with me which was only 300 dollars. So I was on a tight budget.

"Hey!", I said pulling her into a hug and she returns the favor. "So let's go shopping", she screams almost making me go deaf.

"Ooh look at this dress", she said looking dismayed. It was a golden colored off-shoulder silk dress.

"I'm going to go try it on" she said sprinting to the dressing rooms. I looked around the store till a dark blue off- shoulder dress caught my eye. "Like what you see?", the mature brunette said taking the dress out of the rack.

"Oh no I'm good".

"Come on just try it on it won't hurt". She said with pleading eyes and I had to given in. "Fine I'll try it on", I said giving in and she hands me the dress.

"How does this look?", Crystal said with a radiant smile.

~ Crystal's dress~"Aah you look so gorgeous", I squealed looking at her

~ Crystal's dress~
"Aah you look so gorgeous", I squealed looking at her. She really looked beautiful and excited about the dress.

"Are you going to try on yours?", the sales assistant said pointing to the direction of the dressing rooms.