Headcanons + Drabble

MomoJirou Headcanons

Theme: Gift giving

-

1. Jirou stresses at first when giving a gift to Momo. It always seemed impossible since Momo was not only rich but also had the quirk of creation. She always ends up going with something homemade, whether it's a song she'll play for her or even a playlist she put together for Momo to listen to. Sometimes she feels like it isn't enough, but Momo insists she loves it every time.

2. Momo is well aware she's at an advantage for gift giving. Though she can create the item she wishes to gift Jirou, she prefers to buy it herself. If she can't find it anywhere, she'll end up making multiple copies of the item, perfecting it every time. She also feels the need to be hyperaware of how much she's spending to make sure Jirou doesn't feel guilty when she gives her gift.

3. In the scenarios of when they give gifts to each other for a holiday or anniversary, there will be a price limit. Momo has a tendency to overshot said price limit, but Jirou is far used to it, knowing it's not Momo's intention.

4. If they are busy, whether it's for school or hero training, they can always agree to not give any gifts. Instead, they prefer to spend time with each other for the occasion. Where even if it's cheesy they both have the passing thought of: "the gift was spending time with you."

5. Outside of birthdays or holidays, they rarely see the gifts they give as gifts to them. For example, when Jirou buys Momo her favorite tea, it always ends up being because she passed by the store it's usually found at. There are also times where Momo catches Jirou staring at an item she wants, and she insists on buying it for her. It may take a lot of convincing, but overall they just want to make the latter happy.

-

Jirou groaned, running her hand through her hair out of irritation. She sat up facing Denki, who couldn't look more bored than he already did. "It's hard to give someone a gift when they have everything."

"Or when they can create anything," Denki said, not helping Jirou's situation. "Wow, Yaomomo really has it lucky. You have it rough, dude."

Jirou sighed, glaring at Denki in annoyance. She should've really talked to someone else. "That's not helping me, Kaminari."

"Advice isn't my strong suit," Denki shrugged. "But I can tell you how to avoid getting electrocuted when you stick a fork in a toaster."

"No thanks," Jirou paused. "What do you think I should get her?"

"Well," Denki said. "I know one thing she really wants."

"Why didn't you tell me that before?!" Jirou almost stabbed him with her ear jack.

"What she wants is you," Denki said pointedly, ignoring Jirou's question. "So just stick yourself in a box and I'll get Kirishima's help to drag you to her door."

"I'll just make her something homemade like last time," Jirou deadpanned. She blankly stared at Denki, finding the stuff he'd say unbelievable.