008. AN INTERVENTION

Chapter eight
"An intervention."

The next morning, getting off the bus, Chad was waiting for Tory as she quickly ran away from her brother, meeting up with him along with Taylor by the school steps "okay, so my watch, seven forty five mountain standard time. We synched?" Chad asked as Tory laughed remembering the games her, Chad and her brother used to play as kids.

"Whatever." Taylor told them as Tory rolled her eyes "oh, come on. Lighten up." she told her, giving her a friendly shove "then we're on go mode for lunch, exactly twelve o five." Chad shared "yes, Chad, we're a go. But we're not Charlies angels, okay?" Taylor asked him as she handed over the computer.

"I can dream, can I?" Chad asked her as Taylor rolled her eyes and walked off, Tory chuckled "don't worry. Me and you can still play Charlies angels just like the old days." she told him, as she grabbed the computer and winked at him, walking off, Chad quickly followed after her "really?" he asked, not believing her

Where then school went on as usual and the guys and the cheerleaders all acted like they had no idea what was going on but when lunch came Tory, Chad, Zeke, Jason and the other guys all headed to the locker room to give her brother an intervention, where he soon arrived.

"Spider Bill Netrine, class of 72. He was the MVP in the league championship game." Chad shared "Sam Nedier, class of 02. Also known as Sammy slamma jamma." Zeke shared as the guys cheered "captain MVP of the league championship team." he added on as he sat down.

"The thunder clap." Jason began as everyone clapped "Hap Hadden, 95. Led the wildcats to back to back city championships. A legend." he shared "yes, legends, one and all. But do you think that any of these wildcat legends became legends by getting involved in musical auditions. Just days before the league championships?" Chad asked Troy.

"Get your head in the game!" the guys all yelled as Tory crossed her arms "no. These wildcat legends became legends because they never took their eye off the prize." Chad told him "get your head in the game!" the guys all yelled again.

"Now, who was the first sophomore ever to make starting varsity?" Chad asked "Troy!" the guys yelled, pointing to him "so who voted him team captain this year?" Chad asked, crossing his arms "us!" the guys yelled "and who is gonna get their sorry butts kicked in Fridays championship game if Troy's worried about an audition?" Chad asked "you guys. And then who's cheer squad will get picked on because of it? Mine." Tory shared.

As Troy looked at them all in shock "guys, come on. I mean there's twelve people on this team, not just me." he shared "just twelve? Oh, no." Chad told him, as Tory held a picture frame "I think you're forgetting about one very important thirteenth member of our squad." Chad shared.

As Tory handed the picture frame over to her brother who looked at the picture and sighed "our dad." he realized "yes, Troy. Wildcat basketball champion, class of 1981. Champion, father, and now coach. It's a winning tradition like no other." Tory explained and it seemed Troy began to realize what was going on here.

"Guys, if you don't know that I'll put a hundred and ten percent of my guts into that game, then you don't know." he told them "but we just thought.." Chad tried to tell him as Troy interrupted him "I'll tell you what I thought. I thought that you're my friends, my family even." he told them, looking at Tory "win together, lose together, team mates." he added on.

As Chad lifted up the camera as Tory furrowed her brows "yes but ever since New Years and you met this girl, you've been different Troy, having a lack of focus. I mean.." she chuckled "you're singing now like all the time." she informed him.

"Man, I'm for the team! I've always been for the team. She's just someone I met. All right, the singing thing is nothing. Probably just a way to keep my nerves down. I don't know. It means nothing to me. You're my guys, your my girl and this is our team. Gabriella is not important. I'll forget about her, I'll forget the audition and we'll go out and get that championship. Everyone happy now?" Troy asked them.

As Tory smirked "yes. Yes, we are." she told him, walking towards him along with Chad as they began leading him out of the locker room "wildcats!" Chad yelled "get your head in the game!" the guys yelled, as they all cheered and hollered heading out.

Where outside all of them were hanging out where the cheerleaders were dancing and so were other students.

"wildcats in the house

Everybody sing out!

Wildcats everywhere

wave your hands up in the air.

That's the way we do it

Let's get to it

time to show the world."

Tory sang with the cheerleaders as they did one of their cheer moves.

"Wildcats sing along

Yeah, you really

got it going on.

Wildcats in the house.

Everybody sing out."

Where Zeke and the guys soon picked Troy up as Tory and her friends danced around them.

"Wildcats everywhere

wave your hands

up in the air.."

Then everyone continued cheering and whistling "Troy! Troy! Troy!" they all began chanting as Tory chuckled turning to Chad "we finally got him back." she shared as Chad nodded "yeah, we did." he told her, putting his arm around her, the two watched Troy enjoying himself.

Although unknowing to them he was still faking it, not knowing that Gabriella had heard everything and saw him hanging out with all of them again and when lunch was over they all dispersed and headed back inside for class.

And it wasn't till after school when they were rehearsing outside and the girls were on the track while the boys were on the basketball court, where when Troy walked up to them and Chad went to hand him the ball.

Troy didn't want it and turned around heading towards Tory and the girls running "Troy?" Tory asked him as he passed them but he didn't say anything to her and just kept running.