016. PLAY BALL

Chapter sixteen
"Play ball."

It was time for the baseball game as Tory had gotten changed into her uniform her hair was up in a ponytail as Chad put her hat on her head making her laugh as Gabriella and Taylor arrived driving on the golf cart with Ryan in which they all began walking towards them "what did Fulton send you to spy on us?" Chad asked Ryan as they got out of the golf cart "nah, my sister did. She thinks you guys are gonna upstage her talent show." Ryan shared "oh, no worries. We were gonna do the show but then Troy bailed on us so, whatever." Zeke shared nudging Tory as she laughed "what do you mean whatever? It's our summer, remember? I thought we decided doing the show we'd be fun." Gabriella shared.

"Well, I think so." Martha shared "me too." Taylor told them as she took off her sunglasses "who are we kidding?" Chad asked "I don't think so." Zeke added on "we don't know how to put together a show." Jason shared "no, but he does." Gabriella shared putting her hand on Ryans shoulder and turning to Tory "and so does Tory. If we have two real directors putting it together it could be great." Gabriella shared "no, no, no. I do cheer competitions and dance class that's it." Tory told her as Gabriella looked to Ryan "have the employees ever won a star dazzle award?" she asked him.

As Ryan looked down "I know what you can do Ryan, so why not do it for us?" Gabriella asked him in which Tory scoffed "okay, if you're gonna play ball grab a mit but if you're not get off the field." she informed them "but I don't dance." Chad shared standing next to her "you don't think dancing takes some game?" Ryan asked as everyone chuckled "you got game?" Chad asked him "a little." Ryan told them as he put his hands in his pockets in which Chad motioned to the guy next to them as he threw the bat up Chad caught it but so did Ryan higher then him but neither of them expected Tory to grab it as her hand was above either of them as everyone around them oohed.

They all began moving their hands up as Chad went to put his over Tory's, she moved it as Ryans went above hers, Chad then moved his above Ryans and then Ryan moved his up top as everyone cheered going to take their places in which Chad put his arm around Tory as they began heading to the benches "all right! Let's hustle! Come on! Wildcats!" Chad yelled "get your head in the game!" everyone else yelled along with Tory as the game started everyone took their places as Ryan was the pitcher Chad walked up to bat.

"Hey oh, play ball

Hey, hey, ohHey, batter, batter
Hey battter, batter swing."

they all started singing.

"I've got to just do my thing."

Chad sang as he got ready to bat.

"Hey, batter, batter
Hey batter, batter swing, yeah."

they all sang again as Ryan did his practice shots, Chad put down the bat.

"I'll show you that it's one and the same
Baseball, dancing, same game
It's easy
Step up to the place, start swingin."

Ryan sang as he danced on the plate.

"I wanna play ball now, and that's all
This is what I do
It ain't no dance that you can show me, yeah."

Chad sang swinging the bat at first and doing a little dance as he walked up to the plate not even realizing he was doing it in which Tory smiled, shaking her head especially as Chad did a trick and spun the bat.

"You'll never know."

Ryan sang as he pointed at Chad.

"Oh I know."