𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 2 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐒

"cause we are living in a material world and i am a material girl

"cause we are living in a material world and i am a material girl."

─────────

El was stressing and pacing outside due to the fact that Mike promised he would be over by now. But he wasn't. She eventually came inside, ignoring the looks from Hopper and Nina who were eating cereal.

"Hey. Is everything okay?" Hopper asked.
"Yes."

El then went into her room with the phone, closing it. Nina assumed she was talking to Mike and not anyone else. Mostly cause she didn't know anyone else. She came out of her room after some time, hanging up the phone and closing her door.

"Hey. What's going on?" Hopper asked as El ignored him.

"I'll check on her," Nina announced, taking the last bite of her cereal. She knocked three times on the bedroom door, telling El it was her. She didn't answer it, so Nina just quickly teleported in there.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Can we go to Max's?"

-

"Shit!" Max cursed.

Max stood up straight, going to go get the skateboard, when El stopped it. She picked it up and walked over to Max with Nina beside her.

"Hi."

"Hi?"

"Can we talk?"

The three girls went into Max's bedroom so El could talk to Max. Max was pacing around the room, listening intently, while Nina was sitting next to El.

"And then he said he- he missed me. And then he just hung up."

"He's a piece of shit."

"What?"

"Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today, and his Nana obviously isn't sick. I guarantee you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now."

"But friends don't lie."

"Yeah, well, boyfriends lie. All the time. Including Lucas," Max said, pointing at Nina, making her slightly frown.

"You're going to stop calling him. You're going to ignore his calls. As far as you're concerned, he doesn't exist," Max said while sitting down next to El.