𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 8 : 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐀

"losing ground, i'm reachin' for you

"losing ground, i'm reachin' for you."

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

As the sisters watched the gate go away, the lights came back on and they heard a voice talk to them.

"What have you done?" Brenner spat angrily. "What have you done?"

But then they passed out, falling on the floor.

-

"Again. One, two, three."

Nina gasped as she awoke, panting as she regained her sight.

"Pulse is dropping. One-fifty now. BP's 160..." the nurse trailed off as El looked over at Nina with an oxygen mask on.

"How do you two feel?" Brenner asked.

"Can you hear us? Eleven, Nine. Can you hear us?"

"No, leave them. Leave them both," Brenner said as the nurse tried to keep the oxygen mask on.

Eleven got up and went in front of the Nina tank. She lifted it up. She had her powers back.

Nina closed her eyes, moving them underneath her eye lids. When she opened them, she was on the second level of the place, looking down as El smiled at her sister. She had teleported back to where Brenner and Owens were, looking at her sister.

They walked towards each other, hugging tightly, happy that they had their powers back.

-

"After the attack, you both fell into a coma. Like One, you both had pushed yourself beyond your limits. And it very nearly destroyed you. But that is where your similarities ended. What you displayed that day was beyond anything I'd ever imagined. A potential I'd only dreamed of. But when you two awoke, something had been lost. Your memories, along with whatever else you'd found within yourself that day. But I knew then, just as I knew today, that your powers had not been lost. They just needed a spark. But that day, you awakened something else. A doorway to another world."

The Upside Down.

"I always thought that Henry was out there, hiding in the darkness or out in the open. In plain sight. I didn't know for sure, not beyond a feeling. Until now."

"He's claimed three victims so far," Owens came forward, giving El and Nina a folder of people who had been murdered by Vecna, "and when I saw the eyes, I knew... I knew it was him. He was sending us a message, letting us know he's back. That's when I came to see you two."