𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 11 : 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀 𝐊𝐈𝐃

"you're slowly disappearing from my view

"you're slowly disappearing from my view."

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

As Lucas Sinclair prepared to go to the hospital to visit his girlfriend Nina, he felt a mix of hope and despair swirling inside him. He carefully chose his outfit, making sure he looked presentable, even though he knew Nina couldn't see him. "I need to be there for her," he told himself, trying to steady his emotions.

As he headed downstairs, Lucas noticed his little sister Erica watching TV in the living room. "Hey, Erica," he said, trying to keep his tone calm, "I'm going to the hospital to see Nina. I'll be back later."

Erica looked up from the screen, concern written all over her face. "Again? Lucas, you've been going there every single day for the past three months. Maybe it's time to take a break and take care of yourself too."

Lucas snapped, his emotions running high, "You just don't understand, Erica! Nina needs me, and I need to be there for her. She's in a coma, and it's the only way I can feel close to her."

Erica tried to reason with her brother, "I know you care about her, but you can't neglect yourself in the process. It's not healthy, and Mom and Dad are worried about you too."

Anger flared in Lucas as he raised his voice, "I don't need you telling me what to do! You're just a kid, and you don't get it!" The tension escalated, and soon, a heated argument unfolded between the siblings.

Erica stood her ground, only caring about her brother. "I may not get it, but I care about you. You're my big brother and I can't just watch you throw everything away for someone who might not wake up."

Lucas clenched his fists, his heart torn between the love for his sister and his determination to be with Nina. "I can't deal with this right now. You just don't understand," he muttered before storming out of the house, leaving Erica standing there, tears welling up in her eyes.

Lucas' anger overwhelmed him, and he felt guilt creeping in for raising his voice at his younger sister. He knew she was just worried about him, but he couldn't control his emotions at that moment.

Erica watched her brother leave, tears welling up in her eyes. She wished she could find a way to help him understand that he needed to take care of himself too, but the words stuck in her throat during the confrontation. She feared for her brother and wished he could lean on someone during this difficult time.

As the door slammed shut, Erica couldn't shake off the worry gnawing at her. She knew that despite their fight, she loved her brother deeply and wanted him to be okay. She hoped Lucas would find solace and support at the hospital, but she couldn't help but wish he would also open up to the idea of self-care and allowing others to help him through this challenging time.