𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 7 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐓𝐔𝐁

"there'll be peace when you are done

"there'll be peace when you are done."

─────────

"Nina?" Dustin spoke.

Currently, Eleven was in the bathroom with Mike, getting cleaned up. Nine had already gotten cleaned up by herself.

"Hmm?" she hummed.

"You know... Lucas has taken a liking to you," Dustin said, trying to rid of his smirk.

"Really?" she asked.

"Yeah. I mean, he always defends you and not El."

"Oh," she said lowly.

"Do you like him?"

"Yeah. He is nice," they both smiled.

But then, they got startled when they heard yelling from the walkie-talkie, assuming it was Lucas.

"Stay here," Dustin insisted. He ran to the bathroom, getting Eleven and Mike.

"Guys! It's Lucas. I think he's in trouble," he said as they all came back to where Nine was. "Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate? What if he found it?"

"They know about Ni— Get out of there!"

"What's he saying?" Mike asked.

"I don't know, he's way out of range," Dustin complained.

"...son of a bitch!"

"Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down," Mike spoke into the walkie-talkie. "We can't understand you."

"Yes, I copy! Do you? They... Ni... Eleven... Out! Mad hen... coming! The mad hen... All of them!"

"'Mad hen.' Does that mean anything to you?" Dustin asked. "Like a code name or something?"

"The bad men are coming!"

"'Bad men'," Mike realized. "Bad men! Stay here!" Mike exclaimed as he and Dustin ran upstairs.

They ran to the window, looked out, and saw a van parked outside.

"What's that guy doing?" Mike asked.

"You don't think..." Dustin trailed off as Mike ran to his mom.