𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 9 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐘𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

"when it's cold i'd like to die

"when it's cold i'd like to die."

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

The six were at a gas station while Jonathan tried to get a flight to Hawkins from Nevada.

El and Nina started looking away, seeing a huge billboard. Then they remembered.

They could get into Max's kind just as they did with Mama and just as Nina did with Billy.

"We have a way," El said as they both came back to the group. "A way to protect Max. From here."

They fogged up a window on the van and started drawing on it.

"This is Max," El said as she drew. "When One attacks, he'll be in her mind. But we can do that, too. We went into Mama's mind, Nina went into Billy's. We can go into Max's. She can carry us to Vecna. We can piggyback. We can protect her. From One. Fight him from here."

"Mind fight," Argyle said. "Righteous."

"Wait, so you actually think this can work?"

"A bathtub would help," Nina spoke.

"Yeah. Gotta be clean to enter the mind."

"What? No, no. It's a sensory deprivation tank. It helps them calm down and focus on their powers."

"Wait, we... we just passed a motel."

"Yeah, but there won't be enough salt."

"Well, how much salt are we talking here, my dudes?"

"Well, depends on the size of the tub, but a lot."

"Does 600 pounds suffice?"

"You know a place that has 600 pounds of salt?" Nina asked.

Argyle walked forward to El and Nina, measuring them with his hands.

"Let's see... Yep. Mm-hmm. Yep. It'll work."

"What will work?"

"I know a magical place that has all you need, my brave, superpowered friends. That mind fight is on. Come on! ¡Vámonos! Let's go! Pronto!"

They all got in the van and Argyle started driving like he normally did. Crazy.

Who knows where they were gonna go.